We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Montréal

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Flight from Montréal

I am thinking about going to Montenegro for 15-18 days mid-June 2019. I am wondering what would be the cheapest way to get there from Montréal. I just looked and, For the period, a direct flight to the capital is $1200, That is quite expensive for my budget as I will rent a car to be able to get to the hiking trails. Would it be better to fly to Zagreb and take domestic flight to go to Montenegro? I don’t want to stay in Zagreb, I went 2 years ago.

2 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,888 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Flight from Montréal

Look into Frankfurt/Germany, that should be under €500, from Frankfurt to Potgorica with Montenegroair, which I think I paid €60

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
52 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Flight from Montréal

That's tricky. No major airline is flying into Montenegro, there's no connection from Zagreb into Montenegro (not domestic at all, btw). In your price range Air Transat and Canada Rouge may be your only options anyway, thus Transat to Zagreb might still be a good idea.

Try a domestic flight into Dubrovnik from Zagreb and get your car there. Should be possible below $200 return, maybe that would help. You will just need plenty of layover in Zagreb both directions, as these would be completely separate flights and your luggage will not be checked through. If for some reasons Croatia Airlines decide to cancel your return flight to Zagreb you will be stranded if you miss your connection as your Transat ticket will be forfeited without any compensation.

Reply to: Flight from Montréal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted