We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

Wonder if this train line is still running....we plan to take this from Bar to Belgrade in September this year.

If so, how can we book tickets online ? as we would only get to Bar the night before our planned date.

Thanks.

11 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,549 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

There are two trains daily, price is €24. One is a daytime train which I would choose as it is a beautiful trip. The second train is a sleeper night train, but you would miss out on the scenery- I think this website answers all your questions

https:/…belgrade-to-bar-railway.htm

Solvesborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
955 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

I don't think you can purchase tickets online at all for this train. However I heard the day train is usually not even half full. I am taking the same train myself in a couple of weeks.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,549 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

Yeah, Montenegro needs some more IT people,lol. I would think the train goes the same way as the bus to just purchase tickets at the station or in regards of the bus at the driver.

If you arrive a day early, you could go to the station and see if you can buy tickets, but I think it is a waste of time, rather enjoy bar and go to the station the next day.

I would for sure go to the tourist office and confirm the departure times as they might change from time to time compared to the link I posted. They will know for sure

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

Thank for everyone's input. Great help.

Magnus_Petersson, if you would, after you've taken the train, tell us you experience. We intend to take it in mid September.

cheers

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,549 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

It is a beautiful trip, I took it multiple times. As stated before, try to take the daytrime train. I know it is a vacation day, but the views and experience will make up for it.

Solvesborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
955 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

Yes, I will tell you my experience. I am hoping to get a seat on the left side as I heard you get the best views there.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

Mangnus, looking forward to it, much appreciated.

Solvesborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
955 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

I traveled with this train today, and there is absolutely no reason to reserve tickets in advance. The train was not even half full. Just buy tickets when you arrive at the station.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,549 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

How did you like your trip?

Solvesborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
955 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade

Very much, most beautiful train ride ever! Montenegro with it's high mountains and Serbia with it's green rolling hills, a way to see this landscape without being physically fit or have time to climb it. The train arrived in Belgrade in time.

I took the train from Podgorica to Belgrade.

But I have also seen the Bar-Podgorica bit as last week I took a local train from Podgorica to Bar to catch the bus to Ulcinj.

Reply to: Montenegro Express from Bar to Belgrade
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montenegro