We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salerno to Furore

Kitchener, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Salerno to Furore

We will be in Furore in early June. initially we were going to rent a car and drive from Rome but are rethinking that as we heard that driving is not ideal, The new plan is to take a train from Rome to Salerno. What is the best way to get from Salerno to Furore. I know that we can get a ferry from Salerno to Amalfi and then a bus from Amalfi to Furore and thankfully our accommodations are relatively close to a bus stop but with luggage and all, might be easier to get a taxi either from Salerno or Amalfi? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Furore
Furore
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salerno to Furore

I think I would take the ferry to Amalfi and jump in a taxi there. With luggage I wouldn't want to stand around in the heat waiting for the next bus, and then fight your way on while trying to get your luggage stowed. It's only four miles, spring for the taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Kitchener, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Salerno to Furore

That's what I was thinking as well. Can you tell me is there a specific taxi service close to the port in Amalfi?

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salerno to Furore

There is a taxi stand at the port where the buses park - you can't miss them

Ktichener, Ontario
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Salerno to Furore

Awesome, thanks so much for the help

5. Re: Salerno to Furore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2017, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Furore