We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus transportation to Furore, how does it work ?

Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bus transportation to Furore, how does it work ?

Hello all,

I have made a reservation for an apartment in Furore for a whole week in may. We are backpacking with our two young kids. Now that I'm trying to find the best ways to get to Furore by bus and also try to find the best way starting from Furore to the main attractions of the Amalfi Coast, it seems to be an hassle about bus stops near Furore.

Is there anyone that could help me with this ? Are we going to walk hours just to get a bus from Furore area to visit Amalfi, Ravello, Positano and other main attractions ?Is there a regular SITA bus that goes through Furore ?

Thanks for your help !

Mentioned in this post
Furore
Furore
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
5 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,398 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus transportation to Furore, how does it work ?

There is regular bus service, it just depends on how far you are from a stop. Where in Furore is your rental?

sitasudtrasporti.it/archivio/…0

Mentioned in this post
Furore
Furore
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus transportation to Furore, how does it work ?

We have a reservation at Raggio Di Sole :

Salita Belvedere 7, 84010 Furore, Italie

Mentioned in this post
Furore
Furore
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,398 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus transportation to Furore, how does it work ?

It's about a half mile to the Casa Florio SITA bus stop on Via Roma (SS366). It's very steep in that area so your legs will get a good workout even though the distance isn't far.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,542 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus transportation to Furore, how does it work ?

That's quite a distance from the Amalfi Coast road -

Put that address in google maps and then use the directions feature choosing Amalfi (or wherever else you plan to visit) as your destination and see what comes up - you can also see where it is in relation to the coast, etc - it indicates about a 15 walk to a bus and about a 25 or so minute bus ride to Amalfi -

They have a facebook page - you could contact them (or through whatever contact info you have from your booking confirmation) and request a description of the transportation

On booking.com a reviewer notes it is about a 20 minute drive from a beach but who knows how accurate that is - I'd say your landlord/hosts are good starting point to ask for info on this issue

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus transportation to Furore, how does it work ?

Thanks, I made the reservation with Booking.com and I didn't find a place to contact them. But I'll check on Facebook, didn't think about that.

Thank you !

Reply to: Bus transportation to Furore, how does it work ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Furore