We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes

Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Mosquitoes

Can anyone tell me how bad mosquitoes are at the moment? No matter what I use (including sleeping under a net) I end up visiting the hospital, last year I had 168 bites.

9 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Mosquitoes

Hi.

Was in lindos June and July never had a bite, it's normally early season when they are about when it's damp and starting to warm up. It may be different where your staying if there is a lot of vegetation. When I've been in may had several.

Peter.

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Mosquitoes

I stayed from 1st - 10th august & didn’t get bitten once

Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Mosquitoes

Fingers crossed then, I always go end of August beginning of September and get eaten alive 😕

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Mosquitoes

Go mid September. Never been bitten, they just like going in my ears and buzzing around. Till we get a plug in from the local shop.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Mosquitoes

Plug--or two-- from the local shop, burning coils if you are sitting on your balcony and Jungle Formula from Wilkinsons--the super strong sort--are what keep them away from my other half. It really annoys him that I NEVER get bitten--must smell 'orrible or something!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
286 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Mosquitoes

I always used to get eaten alive, but a few years ago, someone suggested lemon juice and it works for me.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Mosquitoes

Take vitamin B 4 week before you go . I was like you now not one bite

Level Contributor
82 posts
8. Re: Mosquitoes

We arrived back home last Tuesday, I always get bitten yet all week managed bite free....until we got back to the airport! Ended up with 17! 8 being just on one leg 😫 they’re still really itchy now nearly a week on

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: Mosquitoes

If you buy Vitamin B1 from Pharmacy and take 1 tablet with every meal they wont touch you. Something to do with the yeast extract in it. Must be B1 not just Vitamin B. If you are on any other meds check no contra indications with Pharmacist first. Hope you have a great holiday

Reply to: Mosquitoes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Faliraki
Recent Conversations