We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in George Town

Which Batu Ferringhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
51 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
One day in George Town

Hi, questions again.. I will only stay in Penang (BT) for 3 days (During Easter) and want to go to GT for a day.

Plan is to take bus to GT morning from BT--could any one please advise which route/bus no.directly go to downtown GT?

It looks to me GT is quite a sizable town, considering I only have one day to wander around, are there any information centre I can go to pick up some map/information? how can I make the most of the one day??

Thanks, all..look forward to your advices..

Yanathome

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,715 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in George Town

it depends on what your personal interest be.....the 101 bus will get you into the heart of Georgetown....Georgetown being a sizable town ..well yes in many ways..suggest maybe the best tingis to scroll though topics to gather ideas

London
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in George Town

Hi -

If you are just thinking of the heritage zone, then take the 101 straight in. A good place to start would be Fort Cornwallis and Esplanade/City Hall. Sort of connect Penang with the British Empire and Penang's role as a trading post.

Have a look at this as it covers all the key attractions:

visitpenang.gov.my/UnescoHeritageBrochure.pdf

You can actually pick up a copy in the airport.

Rgds

3. Re: One day in George Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:42
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi