We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batu Ferringhi

Which Batu Ferringhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
46 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Batu Ferringhi

I will be travelling to Penang next year with 3 girlfriends. We are in our 50's and have spent hours checking out trip advisor and other travel forums for info on hotels and things to do there. We are tossing up Golden Sands or Park Royal. We have heard wonderful things about Penang and are looking forward to the trip. It sounds like many of the hotels are very kid friendly. Which is lovely, but after a very unpleasant problem last year in Koh Samui we would like something a little quieter, or at least with separate pools for the kids. Comfortable beds are also a major requirement. Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks heaps.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Batu Ferringhi

Gals ....may I suggest you check out the Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort..it is located round the halfway mark between Georgetown and Batu Ferringhi ..in the area known as Tanjung Bungah..here you wil find you can get a two bedroom suite with two bathrooms ..large living area and great pool etc at more attractive rates than Golden Sands or Park Royal ..which both will have kids all over ..fron the Rainbow you can catch a Rapid Penang bus which stops outside the front door to Georgetown and the other way to Batu Ferringhi ..during the day BF is dead ...the Rainbow provides great sea views from all rooms ...take a look before deciding

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Batu Ferringhi

Both Golden Sands and Parkroyal have separate pools and watersides for kids. I have not encountered any problems with children at either property. Golden Sands has a complimentary shuttle service into Georgetown about 4 times a day. I prefer the Golden Sands as they have more pool choices including a Jacuzzi.

Gaja

Edited: 20 March 2012, 07:56
sydney
Level Contributor
28 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Batu Ferringhi

If noisy kids are a problem I would suggest the Lone Pine Hotel as it seems to have what you are looking for.

Relative quiet, close to everything , night markets , food etc. Recently updated.

We previously stayed at the Golden Sands every year for several years but last year found it became way too noisy , especially at breakfast.

IMHO.

Cheers

Paris, France
Level Contributor
750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Batu Ferringhi

Hi,

we made our first trip to penang in Dec, to the GS at Batu Ferringhi, although we are a family with young children, I have come across many couples in their 50's and without children that thoroughly enjoyed it. We loved it..but if you are not keen on children/noise, you may have to opt for a less family friendly resort.

cheers

Angela

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Batu Ferringhi

you will find that ALL hotels in Batu ferringhi..Tanjung Buhgah are family friendly..thats the way it is

6. Re: Batu Ferringhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2013, 20:48
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi