We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

Which Batu Ferringhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

What would be the average price of a taxi for 2 adults from airport to Golden Sands Hotel on BF beach. Cant find anywhere on here recently

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

there is a taxi counter after you leave Customs ...the prices are fixed and you tell them where you are going and you purchase a coupon ...set prices are displayed so you cannot get ripped off ..from memory ( because we always have the hotel pick us up ) ..is round the RM60.00

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

sorry forgot to mention ...between 10pm and 7am there is a 40% surcharge on top of that price

perth
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

As roostown said,there is a taxi counter at the airport.Now comes the fun part.Whenever getting a taxi to go anywhere,barter the price.Taxis in Penang are a ripoff and are detrimental to the tourist industry.This includes the taxis that reckpon they use the meter.I caught a taxi from BF to the Bayview in Georgetown,He wanted MYR50,I got him down to MYR30,the meter was MYR17.60.Bit of a difference.Also a point to ponder is that the last bus from BF to Georgetown is 2330 hours.After that time the taxi drivers know that you are fair game.Happy trails.

London
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

It will be RM70 (around £15) for Golden Sands..you buy the voucher from a counter telling the clerk there where you are staying and you take the voucher to the taxi rank.

As per roostown's comment surcharge if coming between 10pm and 7am. It might have gone up to 50% last I heard. You would be allowed up to 3 suitcases.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

So If you are allowed 3 suitcases what is the best bet for a family with 2 adults and 2 kids. We will have at least 3 suitcases...we plan to shop.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
355 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

Hi there,

does the taxi counter have to be paid in rm or do they accept other currencies.

thankyou

London
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

@ Law66 - you should be fine...just clarify with the clerk at the taxi counter...if your suitcases are too large, you might need a bigger car in which the price from the airport will be RM85-90 to BF.

@ Tuppence78: You can pay by credit card - not sure about other currencies but you must as well convert some in the airport then as you will need Ringgit later...

Depending on what time you are arriving, I would recommend around RM200 to get you through the day plus meals before finding another FX changer with better deals.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

I have just booked private transfers for 2 adults and 3 children (plus 3 large suitcases) to go from the Airport to The Golden Sands for 100RM through Ocean Jupiter. I am happy to pay the extra so I don't have to worry about counters, vouchers etc...

I can just get off the plane, get bags and go knowing that someone is waiting for us.

They can be contacted at enquiry@oceanjupiter.com

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

Atabitha,

That is exactly what I do. After being abused by the taxi driver as we went to BF, when it was his last trip and he lived at the other end of the Island. As if it was my fault.

I am very happy with the service OJ provides.

Gaja

Edited: 03 March 2012, 15:57
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi price to Batu Ferringhi

atabitha..have you inquired as to what the hotel may charge to transfer you ..??

Gaja did you report the driver so that it did not happen to others by this driver ..???

over all there is really no hassle using the airport counter

Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi