We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batu Ferringhi - healer?

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Batu Ferringhi - healer?

Hi all. Years ago I was in Batu Ferringhi (near Georgetown/Penang) and at the Night Mrkets came across an older man who took my hand and told me where the main issues in my body were. I was suitably impressed (albeit still sceptical) and arranged a meeting with him the following day. His treatment was quite uncomfortable - I don't really know what you would call it. I had to keep my arms above my head while he twisted, pulled, rubbed etc my legs and elsewhere. One I got up off the tabe however, it was AMAZING!!!! I have never felt so fantastic. Nothing hurt! I felt so light, like I've never experienced. Honestly, massages or whatever don't even come close. Also, I was suffering from bad skin as had been out in the humid rainforest for weeks, but within fifteen minutes (by the time I got back to my hotel) it was over 50% cleared. And after the second treatment well over 90%.

I am dying to know whether he is still there (I lost his card! :/ ) as I would like to make the trip back just to see him. I believe he was located in Eden Parade shopping centre, tucked away on one of the upper floors. If not there, it's somewhere in that vicinity. Does anybody know anything about this? Thanks :)

38 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Batu Ferringhi - healer?

I had read about Terry in this forum and seen his banner and client testimonials at the front of his business diagonally across the road from Golden Sands so when he bailed us up at the night markets and offered to "diagnose" my wife who in her words "has not slept in 20 years" I encouraged her to listen to what he had to say and then book in for a "treatment"

So a day or two later we spent 2 hours and 900RM with Terry while he did a herbal treatment on my wife. The following day her glands had blown up and she had severe headaches and sinus. When we saw Terry again at the night markets we approached him to explain my wife's discomfort and he was less than interested and suggested she still had blockages and should book in for another treatment, not likely!

When we returned to Perth my wife went to her doctor and when she explained Terry's methods the doctor was aghast and asked my wife what she was thinking! She was put on medication as she had developed infections in her inner ear from the herbal concoction Terry poured in.

She came good and now sleeps much better from a regime our doctor put her on.

Terry may do some good for some people but our experience was less than pleasant.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Batu Ferringhi - healer?

sorry to hear about your terrible experience.. hope your wife is better .. and it is a good warning to those who believe in this con/scam

Conegliano, Treviso
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Batu Ferringhi - healer?

I was there today. 1.5h massage, 25ringitt.

He's super cute :) the massage is not relaxing at all, but yeah you feel good once it's finished.

I recommend to try.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Batu Ferringhi - healer?

Wow. Sorry 5 years later I come across your post. I met him in the market a couple of months ago. Have not had a treatment as he is way expensive but I felt something about him was different. I will try and find his details and revert back. Take care.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Batu Ferringhi - healer?

Years ago myself and my sister were on the beach in batu ferringhi and were approached by Terry. He felt our pressure points on our hands and arms and told us our ailments, and he was spot on. We made appointments to see him in his clinic in the shopping centre later on. I've never had an experience like it and have been thinking about it and talking about it for years after. I was so skeptical, and really uncomfortable and freaked out while getting the massage from him, as there were twigs and strange things hanging up drying in the room and it was just myself, my sister and him there. His horrible smelling bottles of oils and ointments didn't leave my skin and hair for days.... BUT I've never felt so good as I have after that massage, and though he said he couldn't get rid of my issues altogether and they would return, one of them didn't return at all since his treatment.

I have been hoping I could find someone in Dublin that practices the same treatments but I have no idea what to even look for. I don't remember paying a lot for the massage but it was several years ago so I suppose his prices would have risen a lot since. But if I could find someone with Terry's qualifications in Dublin I would pay any amount to be treated by them. He was amazing!

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Batu Ferringhi - healer?

Hi this guy approached me tonight & he is still very much there. His Address is Ep-1-5 Eden parade shopping complex 11100, batu ferringhi. I think his name was Terry & his number is +60165535367. The business is called Yiap herbal treatment centre. I hope this reaches you.

Level Contributor
4,222 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Batu Ferringhi - healer?

"I hope this reaches you"

What, you mean the fact it's already been mentioned several times, with the ones spelling out the whole address, phone number and business name, all being first time posters?

Call me cynical, but I get the feeling someone is dredging up business for themselves and doing a bit of self promotion.

1 post
Save Reply
38. Re: Batu Ferringhi - healer?

Terry is still here in the yellow building across from the golden sands resort

My wife and I met him in the markets and have booked our appointments for tomorrow

Reply to: Batu Ferringhi - healer?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi
Recent Conversations