We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Batu Ferringhi to George Town

Manawatu
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Batu Ferringhi to George Town

Staying at Lone Pine in BF for 2 weeks (Dec-Jan), from what I've read sounds like we might be making a few trips into Georgetown. My question is how long does it take and what would be the most economical form of transport? ( obviously the least time travelling is preferable to us)

14 replies to this topic
Wollongong...
Level Contributor
106 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Traveling from Batu Ferringhi to George Town

Depends on the time of day, could be an hour, could be longer, the cost is RM5 exact money as they don't give change, they are air conditioned and clean, here's a tip when traveling back from GT get the bus back from the ferry terminal instead of Komtar, you'll at least get a seat

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Traveling from Batu Ferringhi to George Town

I would recommend to take grab or Uber, it will only cost you RM20-RM30 per trip. It will take you half an hour to an hour to Georgetown (depends on the traffic).

Manawatu
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Traveling from Batu Ferringhi to George Town

Many thanks for your advise, much appreciated

Manawatu
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Traveling from Batu Ferringhi to George Town

Thank you everyone for your info and advice. Considering everything we've decided to change our plans and stay on GT. Many thanks for all the informative information I'm sure it will make our stay in Penang much more enjoyable

Reply to: Traveling from Batu Ferringhi to George Town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi
Recent Conversations