We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peace and Quiet

NYC
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Peace and Quiet

We are looking forward to our first visit to Holbox this May. One thing we've learned over our decades of travel is that for us the best lodging is the quietest one. Barking dogs are in particular a sore point as is of course construction and loud public music day or night. Would anyone be able to recommend what you think would be a quiet location and lodging?

Thank you in advance for words of advice.

Mentioned in this post
Holbox Island
Holbox Island
Quintana Roo, Mexico
San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peace and Quiet

I stayed at Casa Takywara and it's as quiet as can be. I think anything on that end of the island would be ok.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peace and Quiet

The hotels further away from the Plaza should be quieter. I guess Les Nubes is the farthest. I was closer to town and while there are many dogs they never bothered me with barking. Just avoid Carnival time if you want peace and quiet at night.

NYC
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peace and Quiet

thanks for replying. Takywara seems to fit the bill. Just looking for a few days and nights of R&R. Nothing fancy; just a chance to recharge. Thank you!

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peace and Quiet

We've stayed at Takywara twice and have rebooked for a third year in a row. It definitely is what you are looking for.

5. Re: Peace and Quiet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2018, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Holbox Island