We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions on first Holbox Trip In June

Taunton...
Level Contributor
872 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
Questions on first Holbox Trip In June

Thanks in advance!

1) Looking for options for massages for 5, any preferred places?

2) Looking to try Yoga--any beginner classes or instructors?

3) Bioluminescence-is this a possibility in June

4) Is there a Holbox to Isla Mujeres private boat option?

6 replies to this topic
Swindon, UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions on first Holbox Trip In June

My wife goes to Tortugas each morning from 8.00 to 9.30 am for yoga. She does a lot at home and says the class here is very simple and gentle. We noticed another place advertising yoga at 6pm each evening and you'll see the sign if you walk from the wooden pier just as you enter the town.

There are at least a couple of massage places on the beach which we've noticed but not tried.

To the best of my knowledge there are no private boat links to Isla Mujeres, but I saw light plane trips to Cancun from Holbox, 5 seater and charging just under $500 for the plane so if you have 5 people less than $100 US per person. The flight takes 25 minutes. From Cancun it's a quick taxi ride to the ferry then 30 minutes pleasant ride to Mujeres. I can supply a phone number if required as the poster's close to our apartment. There's also a bigger plane for more money, of course.

Hope this helps a bit.

Taunton...
Level Contributor
872 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions on first Holbox Trip In June

We saw a link for airplane on Holboxaholics, but I thought we'd have two many bags with family of 5 --too much weight--but maybe i'll explore it further--didnt realize there may be a larger plane option as well,,,

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions on first Holbox Trip In June

There is a larger plane now that can take 14 people,

Taunton...
Level Contributor
872 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions on first Holbox Trip In June

Under what name is the 14 passenger--same company and any idea of cost??

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions on first Holbox Trip In June

No idea of cost but a group at my hotel took it this week. It advertises on the Holbox map or you can do an internet search.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions on first Holbox Trip In June

Cancunairplanetours.com has planes that take 5, 6, and 12 people from Cancun to Holbox. They also have to figure in weight of luggage when you contact them to determine size of plane. .

Reply to: Questions on first Holbox Trip In June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holbox Island