We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Fish & Chip shops..??

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Good Fish & Chip shops..??

Are there any good fish & chip shops in Rhyl, so far we haven't found one, The Rhyl shops either serve up warmed up food, or use inferior products, frozen ready battered fish fillets, ready cut chips, or both. If there's a shop which serves fresh battered fish fillets and on-site cut chips, freshly fried, it would be recognised by the long queue leading to the door.. We're in Rhyl in a couple of weeks time, we'll continue our search.

Mentioned in this post
Rhyl
Rhyl
Denbighshire, UK
Bistro Restaurant
$$ - $$$, European, British, Welsh
Les & Rita's Fish Bar
$, Seafood, Fast food, British
3 replies to this topic
Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
643 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Fish & Chip shops..??

We go to Les & Rita's in Rhyl from time to time and have always been happy with their food. They even won the Daily Post's award for best chippy in North Wales in 2014 (this years winner was the Mermaid in Barmouth which is a fair old trek from Rhyl). But if you've been to Rhyl you'll have been to Les & Rita's already.

If you can get out and about then there are three very good chippys in Colwyn Bay - Jaap's Catch, Greenfield Road Chippy and Chips Ahoy. Conwy also has three very good chippys - The Galleon, Archway and Fisherman's and just across the river Enoch's in Llandudno Junction is very good. The best place for me though is Orme View in the West Shore area of Llandudno. All the fish is fried fresh to order and portions are extremely generous.

In the interests of research this is the article listing the top ten chippys according to the Daily Post for 2015 - dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/nation…

Mentioned in this post
Rhyl
Rhyl
Denbighshire, UK
North Wales
North Wales
Wales, UK
Barmouth
Barmouth
Gwynedd, UK
Colwyn Bay
Colwyn Bay
Conwy County, UK
Jaap's Catch
Jaap's Catch
281 Reviews
Colwyn Bay, UK
Conwy
Conwy
Conwy County, UK
Llandudno
Llandudno
Conwy County, UK
london
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Fish & Chip shops..??

I've been to the Rhyl No.1 chippie in Sydenham Avenue a few times, I think it is also called "Hungry Tum" ... the fish has always been freshly cooked in front of me and the chips are fine ... it's a bit out of the centre of Rhyl but another of the things I like about it that you can park right outside without any problem

Mentioned in this post
Rhyl
Rhyl
Denbighshire, UK
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Fish & Chip shops..??

Thanks for the replies Guys, we'll give hem all a whirl next week. Thanks

Reply to: Good Fish & Chip shops..??