We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sun centre

manchester. uk
Level Contributor
279 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
sun centre

hello - is the sun centre worth a visit - is it well maintained and clean for instance ?? thanks

19 replies to this topic
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,481 posts
485 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sun centre

Nobody has replied yet :(

If you contact Rhyl tourist information I'm sure they will be able to give you some advice: www.rhyl-prestatyn.co.uk

manchester. uk
Level Contributor
279 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sun centre

thanks for reply but i was hoping to get some feed back off customers really rather than a paid tourist info person

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sun centre

Good day out kids love it. Clean yes. It's shut for 6 months of the year and has all maintenance done then. Is it Spotless? No, but Been many times with the kids and never had any health issues afterwards.

Take your own food with you,there are plenty of tables and chairs as food and drink is expensive in there. Hope this helps a little.

Greenock, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: sun centre

first time i have ever writen a review hopfully the last but this place was bad went july 2011 it stinks of p*** not just in toilets but everywhere dont know how this place is not shut down had to go and get mothwash when i left because of the blisters on my tongue and 9.00 in per person is ridiculous

Edited: 12 August 2011, 08:43
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,754 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sun centre

^^ You call that a review ??

Hereford, U.K.
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sun centre

Having just visited The Sun Centre this week I can confirm that it needs a really good deep clean, having worked in my local Leisure Centre for 3 years (which was of a similar age and also looking tired and jaded) the cleanliness left a lot to be desired. They have tried to compensate by adding way too much chlorine to the water, causing us to leave earlier than the kids would have liked but everyones eyes were stinging badly. 24 hours after our visit my 2 year old daughter is suffering from diarrhea. As she ate and drank the same as the rest of the family I can only assume she picked up something whilst there. It hasn't altered an any way since I last visited some 28 years ago.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sun centre

my grandchildren went to sun centre they realy enjoyed it it was nearly 9 pound but they had 7 hours there no complaints with this place been in dirtier council swimming pools

Hereford, U.K.
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sun centre

I'm sorry but this place is filthy, Aggie and Kim would have a field day! Everyone has their own standards I guess but I certainly won't be returning.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sun centre

excuse me but my standards are pretty high and i would not send my teenage grandchildren anywhere unsafe plus at there ages 15 and 16 they have a voice and if it had been filthy they would not have stayed thousands of people use the sun centre every year and there are very few complaints like i said previous there are dirtier council run pools that we all have to use. maybe this sort of pool does not suit a lot of people maybe a more peaceful pool would be better

Northallerton...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sun centre

This place is the most disgusting swimming pool I have ever been in. It was absolutely filthy. The changing rooms were appauling - the floor was covered with litter and muck and all the locks on the doors were broken. My friend even spotted a dead fly floating in the pool. It cost us £8.55 each to get in and it was so busy we had to queue about 20 minutes to get on everything. When we left I enquired about the amount of people allowed in the pool. I was told there was 1500 in that day and they were allowed another 500. Needless to say, we won't be returning. The place should be shut down. And to top it all my friend had a dodgy tummy the next day!!

Reply to: sun centre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rhyl
Recent Conversations