We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer Avoid Hoppa Agent Palma Coaches 45 minute delay!

England
Level Contributor
63 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer Avoid Hoppa Agent Palma Coaches 45 minute delay!

Appalling service, chaotic lengthy queues, disinterested staff, a never to be repeated experience for me. After queuing for ages we were told our driver would be 5 or 6 minutes so we waited close by and could hear all the other “customers” being told the same untruth. Fed up waiting I requested a refund so I could get away using one of the many taxis outside. It seemed from the smerk and the standard pat reply declining that this was a much used response.

The cost difference between Hoppa and a taxi was actually quite small so I’ll not be subjecting myself to this experience again.

6 replies to this topic
Sussex
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer Avoid Hoppa Agent Palma Coaches 45 minute delay!

I think you hit the nail on the head MacSuper in your last paragraph. Sorry your holiday got off to such a frustrating start. Will you be booking a taxi for the return to the airport? Assuming you're still there.

Edited: 16 June 2016, 03:35
scotland
Level Contributor
14,914 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer Avoid Hoppa Agent Palma Coaches 45 minute delay!

Why do people use transfers ..with late arrivals pick ups round all the hotels ...

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer Avoid Hoppa Agent Palma Coaches 45 minute delay!

Pretty obvious, to save a few quid.

England
Level Contributor
63 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer Avoid Hoppa Agent Palma Coaches 45 minute delay!

Unfortunately on this occasion the cost of wasting my time queuing greatly outweighed any financial cost saving. I chose Hoppa at Palma because it worked well for me last time in Gran Caneiria. I now realise it's just a franchise and only as good as the local contractor ie Palma Coaches at Palma.

On a positive my week in Port Andratx was fabulous and I'm already planning to return, using taxi of course :))

England
Level Contributor
63 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer Avoid Hoppa Agent Palma Coaches 45 minute delay!

Thanks for your comments littlelamb. I'd pre booked and pre paid a return and it was on time but I had a contingency in place had it been a no show. Once bitten and all that lol

Pontypridd, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer Avoid Hoppa Agent Palma Coaches 45 minute delay!

I recently took a 4 day trip to Sa Coma with my mum prior to getting married. We wanted a quiet short holiday before but unfortunately lost a lot of time at the hotel due to Palma coaches. When we arrived at the airport, we located Palma Coaches, only to be mortified. The queues were terrible and we was told to "wait over there". We waited but nothing. I approached the counter to explain and they said they had called my name. The area around Palma Coaches was chaos. There were groups of people, it was very loud, and was impossible to hear names being called. We then continued to wait a further 2 hours following the 30 minutes. The staff were very rude and did not care. Other travellers gave up and got a taxi.

On our return from the airport we were picked up at 11:05am but were not flying until 3:45pm???? The transfer time from our hotel was 45 minutes.

This is the WORST transfer I have ever experienced. Do not use.

Reply to: Transfer Avoid Hoppa Agent Palma Coaches 45 minute delay!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Andratx
Recent Conversations
More Port d'Andratx Topics