We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

We are looking to find a reliable boat rental location for a day in late July in the Camp de Mar or Port d'Andratz area. There may be up to 10 of us who would like to be able to motor/potter around the nearby coastline, anchor in small bays, swim from the boat etc one day late in July/early August. My brother-in-law has the appropriate boat license and experience with his own boat in Menorca and we'd liek to have the option t get out on the sea for a day out.

Does anyone have any recommendations or know of someone who may be willing to rent out their boat for a day?

Also, are there sailing boats that can also be rented out?

Thank you.

Kate

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,556 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

You wont find anything in Camp de Mar but there are plenty of small boats to rent in Port Andratx. As you drive into the waterfront area there are loads moored up along the front with contact numbers on them.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,573 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

I've rented a small boat from Port Andraxt before, and can confirm if you walk along the front you will see lots of companies advertising. We had a fantastic day, even though it was a very small boat because neither of us have a skipper's license.

You can also rent sailing boats, so long as you have the paper work.

Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

Thank you.That's good to know.

Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

Thank you. It sounds like there will be plenty of options.

hornchurch/santa...
Level Contributor
436 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

Andratx definatly is the place to rent one, you will see what we mean when you get there!

Annabelle, what type of boat did you hire, I hired a jet ski in SP last year but it was too fast/scary for my 6 year old, so he wantes something a bit slower!

I have a jet ski licnece just wonderd if that would cover me for a small rib?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

Make sure your brother in law has an ICC licence. That's the only piece of paper he will need.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,573 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

We hired a small boat, it had a motor, and it was insubmersable (or that's what they told us, didn't test it!) It was quite sedate, but went fast enough for us, certainly not a jet ski, more a sedate Sunday afternoon drive!) It got us over to Dragonera, which was what we wanted, and then up and down the coast, calling in at small coves, San Telm, and a few more places. There were only the two of us, but I think it would have taken four, there was a sun canopy over the top, but when I started to burn I just got the old man to change direction, haha. We didn't need any sort of license for that one, and from memory I think it was 150 euros for the full day, plus fuel, which came to about another 30 as we had gone through some choppy waters, singing were riding along on the crest of the wave. The chap was lovely, he loaned us a cool box and made sure we understood how to raise the engine when we put down the anchor etc. It's one of my best memories of all my times in Majorca.

8. Re: Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 23:36
Majorca, Spain
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

One of the best charter company in Port Andratx is llauts.com

since 1982

10. Re: Motor or speed boat rentals in Port D'Andratx or Camp de Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2017, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Andratx
Recent Conversations
More Port d'Andratx Topics