We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Gudvangen to Voss

UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Gudvangen to Voss

My friends and I are doing the "Nutshell" tour over the course of a Saturday and Sunday. We'll arrive in Gudvangen by boat around 17:20, and need a bus to Voss. Plenty of tour websites say that there is a bus, but I can't seemed to find one.

Does anyone have any information about this?

Are there any alternative transportation options to get to Voss (other bus companies, taxi, etc.)?

ANY help at all would be appreciated! Thank you!

Norway
Level Contributor
964 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Gudvangen to Voss

Hi,

There most certainly is a bus departure after 17.20 from Gudvangen to Voss, but the exact time depends on when you're taking your tour. The bus company has a timetable in English for this route, but only for the summer of 2009: skyss.no/Global/…900-950_Arna_Voss_eng.pdf (see p. 3). If your tour is this autumn/winter/spring, the timetable is only in Norwegian: skyss.no/Global/Bussruter/Ruter_160809/2009_…

Let me know if you need help in translating the information in the winter timetable!

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Gudvangen to Voss

Thank you so much for the information! That's great!

We are taking the ferry at 15:10 that arrives at 17:20, and from there were hoping to get the bus to Voss.

The winter schedule lists the 17:25 bus, but it has a few conditions that may affect us?

Bare frå 1. oktober 2009

Frå 29. september til 31. oktober, samt frå 1. april–30. april 2010, kjem ferja kl 17.00, bussavgang frå Gudvangen kl. 17.05

This change is only for the 29 September - 31 of October. So if we were travelling in November, the 5:25 bus would be available, right?

Again, thank you so much! Your response was a great help!

Norway
Level Contributor
964 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Gudvangen to Voss

Yes, as long as you're traveling in November the bus will leave Gudvangen at 17.25. It's scheduled to leave right after the ferry docks.

Have a great trip!

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Gudvangen to Voss

Very good advice from Catwoman above!

NRTravel,

And just in case you are a bit concerned about the short connection. The ferry and the bus correspond with each other, so the bus will always wait for the ferry to arrive.

Pippi

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Gudvangen to Voss

Thank you both! Do I have to purchase the bus tickets in advance?

Very much looking forward to seeing Norway for the first time!

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Gudvangen to Voss

Nope, no need to buy the bus ticket in advance. You can do as the locals and buy it on the bus.

This bus could also be a part of your Norway in a Nutshell package if this is something you consider.

www.norwaynutshell.com/visartikkel.asp?art=9

You can easily "copy" a Nutshell trip and do it individually.

7. Re: Bus from Gudvangen to Voss

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2010, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Voss Municipality