We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to the ClubMed?

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Travel to the ClubMed?

Hi, I am planning a trip to the ClubMed in Peisey-Vallandry for February 2014; it will be my family, which includes two small children (ages 4 and 3). I was wondering if anyone had advice on the best way to travel there... Should we fly into Lyon or Geneva?... And then from there, should we take the train or the bus (AlpSki) or rent a car? Given that we have younger children, we are looking for something (relatively) quick and easy but not outrageously expensive.

Thank you for your thoughts!

2 replies to this topic
Talloires, France
Level Contributor
489 posts
35 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel to the ClubMed?

Hi,

as long as you are going Sunday to Sunday transfers are included with Club Med, depending on the number of people either by bus or taxi.

February is a busy month due to British and French school holidays so the roads can be quite busy, especially over the weekend. You can look into the public bus: http://www.altibus.com or get quotes from local private transfer companies: http://www.findtransfers.com

Club Med can also organise a transfer for you, but it will probably cost you more.

The advantage of a private transfer is that they can provide you with child seats for your little ones, while you can't get those on a bus and you also don't need to hang around the airport. In the grand scheme of things a private transfer or a hire car is definitely less stressful...

Edited: 11 years ago
Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
48 helpful votes
2. Re: Travel to the ClubMed?

Hey Mamabear - I just did a review coming from US. We flew into Geneva and took AltiBus. Worked fine for teens, but not so sure about your kids who are a bit younger - reason why - they transfer you to a cab in Bourg St Maurice - so that might be a bit inconvenient. They also dropped us off at the Town Travel Center - which we had to walk uphill with our luggage to club med. Ditto on pick up. The club med transfer was around $900 on the website, this altibus cost us around $600.

After arriving I did see Club med had option for airport transfer return that was the same price as what we paid for Alitbus. If I did it again I would take the Altibus to the village and book the club med return.

Feel free to send me a note if I can help at all. Good luck with your planning and have a great trip!

Reply to: Travel to the ClubMed?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Peisey-Vallandry
More Peisey-Vallandry Topics
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.