We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental of Ski Gear In Club Med Peisey Vallandry

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
8 helpful votes
Rental of Ski Gear In Club Med Peisey Vallandry

Hi,

I wish to find out a few things regarding the availability of ski gear in Club Med Peisey Vallandry:

1) Do the ski boots double up as walking boots in the snow?

2) Do I get to keep the boots for the duration of my stay at Club Med, given that I have already paid for the rental of the boots for the duration?

3)Goggles/helmets- Will I be able to rent ski goggles and helmets for the kids/adults?

4) Ski jackets/Pants - Does Club Med Peisey Vallandry offer rental services of ski jackets and/or pants?

Sorry for the string of questions as this is our first ski trip.

Thanks!

Best,

Liz

5 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
40,656 posts
62 reviews
199 helpful votes
1. Re: Rental of Ski Gear In Club Med Peisey Vallandry

Club Med have 'contact us' details on their website, so suggest you 'contact them' and ask direct!:

http://www.clubmed.co.il/cm/contact-us_p-196-l-EN-p-196-l-EN-nr-1-pa-CONTACT_196EN-ac-ad.html

However to address some of your questions

1) Ski boots are most definitely NOT walking boots!! They are designed to hold your ankles in a degree of flexion that is specific for skiing. You 'learn' to 'get about' in them enough to get from Hotel to the slopes etc, but otherwise for walking, they are instruments of torture!

2) I don't know about Club Med for sure, but with most ski equipment rentals around the world, if you rent for a week, the kit is yours for a week. Most places will make exchanges though at any time during your rental period, if you are not happy with what you have been given.

The other questions I can't help you with, ask Club Med!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
8 helpful votes
2. Re: Rental of Ski Gear In Club Med Peisey Vallandry

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply :0)

Given that ski boots are not meant for snow walking, then what walking gear would you recommend for someone who is just going to a ski resort to find out if she likes the sport or not?

Thanks!

Regards,

liz

Essex
Level Contributor
40,656 posts
62 reviews
199 helpful votes
3. Re: Rental of Ski Gear In Club Med Peisey Vallandry

Well, I usually take my walking boots (I wear them on plane, they are gore-tex ones, not too heavy but heavier than some other shoes!

You can get special snow boots like moonboots and 'yeti' boots and variations thereof, but you possibly won't have much use for them back in Singapore!!

Many people just take their trainers, especially those with more ridged or 'grippy' soles, one's feet could get a bit wet or cold in those, though!

Essex
Level Contributor
40,656 posts
62 reviews
199 helpful votes
4. Re: Rental of Ski Gear In Club Med Peisey Vallandry

These days going walking (guided) on snowy trails is a popular thing for 'non skiiers' to do in resort.

you use special 'snow shoes' know as Raquettes in France

I dare say Club Med would organise one of these kind of events for you if you are interested, here is a wiki so you can understand what I am going on about!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowshoe

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Rental of Ski Gear In Club Med Peisey Vallandry

Thanks for the great advice!

I have 2 very urgent questions to ask:

Are there any shops near Club Med Peisey Vallandry which rents out waterproof ski jackets and pants? As well as ski goggles?

We are not able to get any of these apparels in Singapore- not waterproof ones. We could only get these from Northface, which are terribly expensive for one-time use.

Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

liz

Reply to: Rental of Ski Gear In Club Med Peisey Vallandry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Peisey-Vallandry
More Peisey-Vallandry Topics
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.