We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Excursions

Hi all!

We're looking forward to a few weeks at the Radisson in July.

I was just going to start booking the day cruises and such and I wondered if there were water taxis/ferries available?

We would love to see the smaller islands, laze on the beach for a day etc. but maybe not quite so guided and scheduled all the time.

Thanks,

Cj

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions

I'd take the south sea cruises day trips as a starting point. Maybe take a day trip to Mana or Castaway or look at the sea spray island hopping tour. All of those are a great way of seeing the islands and experiencing the great beaches and snorkeling that are lacking at Denarau.

G N
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions

We stayed on Mana in March and then a few days at Denarau with 3 children. While staying at Denarau we did a day trip to Bounty Island on the Wellesley. The kids were taught weaving on the boat & the crew also demonstrated coconut husking. The boat trip was greatt but I wouldn't recommend Bounty Island. There was a lot of rubbish including beer bottles laying on the beach and lunch left a lot to be desired. Mana Island would definitely be my choice for a day trip.

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions

Thanks for your replies, we are going to book a few day trips with the South Seas cruises. My son loved the look of the Finding Nemo trip :)

Are there daily ferries going to any of the islands?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions

South Sea Cruises are the ferries, have another look at their website. There is also the Yasawa Flyer to get to the Yasawa (further away) islands.

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions

Thanks alot, that is what I was looking for.

It looks you can hop on one, and pick up another on the return route.

6. Re: Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:16