We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast

Which Denarau Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather forecast

Hi, just wondering, from people who are actually in Denaru at the moment, the weather has been forecast as showers and thunderstorms for the past couple of days and also for the next few ahead. Is it actually raining with grey skies all day and night there or is it mostly sunny with spots of rain? Just trying to make a decision if we will go or not. We don't really won't to go if it is raining all day but if it is just more of a tropical storm at some point in the day, we are fine with that. Any actual info (not weather reports) from people there would be great! Thanks for your help in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
749 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast

We are on the Coral Coast, the past two days have been very hot and sunny. We had a little thunderstorm last night and a light shower this arvo.

I hope this helps

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast

I;ve been wondering the same thing, thunderstorms forecast the next fortnight and in some cases the next month (!) on internet weather sites. :P

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast

Hi,

we have been on Denarau since Friday.

I am not sure where the forecasts are coming from but perhaps they should take a look out the window - weather has been great, sunny and quite warm around 30 each day.We did have a great light show I think on Friday but nothing came of it. Yesterday a warm sunny morning and then light showers from about 4pm - 6pm. We walked in these showers and did not really get wet!!

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast

Thanks for your replies. I thought as much, we are going to go! Looking forward to it. If any of you have time, would be great if you could update each day...!

thanks.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,470 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast

I don't know where some of these internet weather sites get their information. If you want a weather site the Fiji Met Service site is the best one. It deals with forecasts, including cyclone warnings, for the region.

http://www.met.gov.fj/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather forecast

Hi Jojo,

Unfortnately we fly out today.

Generally Fiji is now out of the wet season and you should expect good weather during April. We have been to Fiji many times and as a rule you can get a short heavy shower then it clears as quickly as it comes and life returns to normal. The temp does however not chnage just the humidity rises.It is still however interesting that even the official weather site for Fiji is still getting it wrong. The weather for the past week has been excellent .

Have a great holiday

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather forecast

Hi Chellet,

Just wondering where you are staying on the Coral Coast and how things are looking there? We have been on Denarua only because it was a short stay and this time we did not want to travel too far.

Denarua survived the flooding quite well and to be honest you would not even know that there had been a flood.

Enjoy the rest of your break.

Baldy

Sydney
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather forecast

Hi.. We are booked to go to Denaru on the 6th May.. We are travelling with a infant and we are concerned about the disease that normally comes after a flood.. Is it safe to take a baby? What is the sea water like? We really arent sure whether we should post pone or not?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather forecast

Hi Rebecca,

Basically you would not know that there has been a flood. Denarau is quite safe now and will be even better (if it can be) in 1 months time.

There is damage in Nadi and signs of flooding along the roads to Denarau but as I said no problems at Denarau at all.

Unfortunately there is no beach to speak of. The sand is dark/black and no waves. If you are looking for swimming I think all the resorts have their own well maintained pools.

There were a lot of children including babies in strollers at our resort and no reports of any illness at all.

Be aware that meals prices are fairly high but you can always go the the port where there are a variety of resturants.

Have a good holiday.

Baldy

PS if you look at other forum posts from people who have stayed in the last week you will see similar comments

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather forecast

Thanks very much for the responses guys!! We are flying over on Friday rain, hail or shine and don't mind a bit of rain here and there do long as its warm and sunny mostly. Hope you both enjoy the rest of your trips!

Get answers to your questions about Denarau Island
Recent Conversations