We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach shacks?

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
529 posts
37 reviews
Beach shacks?

Hi,

I read on another post that they are beach shacks..If anyone has been to goa is it the same sort of vibe as the goan shacks? Do they play music and do they have sunbeds you can use during the day?

Is all entertainment on the beach of a night?

Many thanks in advance

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,870 posts
404 reviews
1. Re: Beach shacks?

The beach shacks are mainly restaurant/bars and are clustered between Thande Beach hotel and Lin Thar Oo Lodge where the road runs behind the beach.

NP is a quiet resort and there is little nightlife and no or little music.Some have loungers in front for cocktails at sunset. Very few are open after 9pm.It is nothing like Goa TG.

Have a look at this,the beach restaurants have photos posted by reviewers

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g6…

SS

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Beach shacks?

'It is nothing like Goa TG.' - fortunately...and lets hope it doesn't go that way...

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
268 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Beach shacks?

I'm here in Ngapali now. Definitely not like Goa and thank god for that. Very relaxing and peaceful place. No party backpacker types which is heaven. I was at Goa 20 years ago when it was nice now it's apparently ruined. I too hope Ngapali doesn't go that way either.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
529 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Beach shacks?

Think I may cut down my stay to 3 nites as it might be just a little too quiet for us although it will be nice to chill and relax after travelling for 18 days around burma

Austria
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Beach shacks?

i have been in goa,india, 33 years ago, ngapali is far to expensive for that, but the beaches south of it, one is even named gwa, could become something like that, why not. in some states in the us, marihuana is already as legal as alkohol.

https://www.coloradopotguide.com/

thecannabist.co/2016/…

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
268 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Beach shacks?

I'm from Canada we have had legalized marijuana long before before the USA did. Also don't find it expensive in Ngapali it's all relative to what you are used to. Coming from Vancouver Canada one of the most expensive cities in the world this is a fair price for paradise and to stay in great hotels with great food and service. Definitely not for a backpacker budget though. Glad I'm passed that stage in my life. :)

Austria
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Beach shacks?

"Definitely not for a backpacker budget though. Glad I'm passed that stage in my life. :)"

hi shazzam, you should be more considerate, most joint-smokers simply cannot afford the most expensive beach in myanmar.

myanmar is one of the poorest countries in the world, monthly income around 100 dollars, you are a bit to arrogant for my liking.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Beach shacks?

'most expensive beach in mMYANMAR. ' - exactly, you say it yourself. As Shazzam says...it';s all relative....still far cheaper than anything here in OZ.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,870 posts
404 reviews
9. Re: Beach shacks?

What on earth has marijuana got to do with this thread!

SS

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Beach shacks?

maybe Heinrich has been partaking a bit too much of it....??