We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging question

Atlanta, Georgia
9 posts
Save Topic
Lodging question

We are traveling to Yosemite June 1--5. I was able to book lodging within the park. We are staying in a heated tent in Half Dome Fri June 1st, Big Tree Lodge Sat and Sun June 2nd and 3rd, and then back in Half Dome on Monday June 4th. I am concerned that Big Tree Lodge is too far and less to do since Mariposa Grove is still closed so my question is should I keep looking for cancellations so that we stay in the Valley all four nights instead of just two?

Mentioned in this post
Half Dome
Half Dome
1,339 Reviews
Yosemite National Park, CA
Mariposa
Mariposa
California
Reverse Creek Lodge
Reverse Creek Lodge
#1 of 12 Speciality lodging in June Lake
Yosemite Peregrine Lodging
Yosemite Peregrine Lodging
#15 of 23 Speciality lodging in Yosemite National Park
Old Priest Station Motel
Old Priest Station Motel
#8 of 16 Speciality lodging in Groveland
2 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,149 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging question

All four nights in Yosemite Valley could be good. Or a night in Wawona at the Wawona Hotel / BigTreesLodge could be good. You could visit Glacier Point on the day you're headed to or headed from Wawona. In Wawona, you could walk up to Lower Chilnualna Falls and/or explore the Pioneer History Center. (I think staying in Wawona on Saturday night would be good ... avoid being in the midst of the crowds in Yosemite Valley on Saturday!)

Note that the heat is turned off in the Curry Village / HalfDomeVillage tent cabins the Friday before Memorial Day. So you won't have heat in June.

The Top Questions on the right has additional info to help your planning.

Mentioned in this post
Yosemite Valley
Yosemite Valley
5,943 Reviews
Wawona
Wawona
Glacier Point
Glacier Point
4,156 Reviews
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging question

Do you hike? If you walk around ther eis never nothing to be entranced by. Plenty to do in Wawona. area, on the Valley floor. DO you prefer to stay in one place? Stay in one place. Yosemite is huge, and you will enjoy where ever you are if you get out and go on trails, walk.

Mentioned in this post
Wawona
Wawona
Yosemite Valley Floor Tour
Yosemite Valley Floor...
458 Reviews
Reply to: Lodging question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted