We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day and a half in Yosemite

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
62 reviews
A day and a half in Yosemite

We are visiting in Aug 18 and have a day and a half before driving down to Sequoia. We are booked at the Yosemite Valley Lodge for 2 nights.

My current thoughts are to hike the Panorama Trail down from Glacier Point on our full day leaving the next day until 2pm to see any remaining sights.

Any suggestions on what we should do and how to get around on day 2 and would this itinerary give us a good overview (albeit with such limited time) on the key sights in the park. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,748 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: A day and a half in Yosemite

Hi

Congrat's on getting lodging reservations!

Yosemite is 1200 square miles, so it's tough to see the "key sights" in just 1.5 days. But you can have a good visit.

Your Panorama day would be getting reservations for the 8:30 bus up to Glacier Point, then hiking between 8.5 and 10 miles back down to the Valley (Happy Isles Shuttle Stop, then ride shuttle to your lodging.) There isn't time to hike Sentinel Dome (trailhead along Glacier Point Road), and I think that's a highlight for me. I suppose you could drive yourselves up there on Day 2, but then there isn't as much time for the Valley.

When you're in Yosemite Valley, you can choose any of the options described in the Top Questions (Trip Reports, What to Do in the Valley, etc) or in the Park newspaper: www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/guide.htm Maybe you'll rent bikes. Maybe you'll walk some of the Valley Loop Trail. Maybe the Valley Float Rafts will still be available. It is likely that Yosemite Falls will be just a trickle as Yosemite Creek is a seasonal stream. Anywhere you want to go in Yosemite Valley, take the free shuttle or walk or rent bikes. Do NOT move your car.

Note: There isn't time to drive up to Tuolumne Meadows as it's about 1.5 hours from Yosemite Valley, and again, a highlight in the summer.

2. Re: A day and a half in Yosemite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2018, 16:18