We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation close to Yosemite

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation close to Yosemite

Planning a stop over in Yosemite for a night, where is the closet accommodation? Staying May 2018 with two kids! Where are the best views to see Yosemite?

2 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
64,540 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation close to Yosemite

Hi

We have loaded the Top Questions on the right with information to help with planning, full TA website but not the app. For your trip, I recommend reading:

-> Where do we stay—Inside the park or outside the park?

-> Trip Reports: What have other travelers done in Yosemite?

-> What can I do in Yosemite Valley?

-> What are good activities for families with children?

-> What is the best month to visit Yosemite? What can I do in fall, winter, or spring?

-> Can I see a map of Yosemite?

In general, I think Yosemite is worth more than a single night 'stopover. But if that's all you have, try to stay in Yosemite Valley. El Portal is the closest town to Yosemite Valley, but that may not be 'on the way' of your fast paced road trip. Where are you coming from and where are you going next?

Tioga Road is more likely to be closed than open, but it's definitely too early for anyone to know.

When is your trip? Hopefully it's not Memorial Day holiday weekend.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
5,772 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation close to Yosemite

I agree, 1 night isn't very long. Are you coming from LA/SD? Because that is a long drive...

With one night, try your best to get lodging in the park. http://www.travelyosemite.com

Reply to: Accommodation close to Yosemite
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted