We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast at Yosemite Valley Lodge after Oct. 15.

Level Contributor
108 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast at Yosemite Valley Lodge after Oct. 15.

The latest Yosemite Valley Guide, Oct – Nov, shows that the food court at the Lodge is closed after Oct. 15, is this an annual closure? We are staying at the Lodge for three nights beginning Oct. 30. We have a reservation for breakfast at the Majestic on Halloween morning to explore the old “Ahwahnee”. What are our options for the two other mornings? It looks to me like only option in the Valley is Degnan’s. We understand that there is a small refrigerator and coffee maker in the rooms. Should we bring additional food for breakfast? We already planned to bring something for some lunches. On Nov. 1 we hope to drive to Glacier Point (weather permitting) then to Big Trees for one of our lunches and to check out another historic building. Will the crowds be thin enough when we are visiting that parking throughout the park will not be a problem?

11 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
108 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Breakfast at Yosemite Valley Lodge after Oct. 15.

Thank you _Roadrunner (Being a S.F. native I can’t type the first half of your alias, unless you’re referring to the town in Colorado). We will be leaving Yosemite Nov. 2 and hopefully Tioga pass will be open. The sudden closing of the pass a few weeks ago caused us to rethink our plans. I had read your article on Lone Pine and that was part of why we chose it. Ridgecrest is an option because it may be the limit of how far I want to drive if we need to go west. If we do spend a night in Ridgecrest is it more scenic to drive US-395 north to CA-190 or is CA-178 interesting enough?

As for the Timbisha Indian Tacos I’ve seen that they are scheduled to be open 10 to 6, Tuesday to Saturday. We hope this is all year around. We are looking forward to sharing one.

We’re keeping our fingers crossed that the weather will be good and Tioga Pass is open.

Reply to: Breakfast at Yosemite Valley Lodge after Oct. 15.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted