We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roosevelt cookout - horseback ride or wagon

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Roosevelt cookout - horseback ride or wagon

Can anyone comment on the Roosevelt cookout and which would be a better option, by horseback or by wagon? This would be for myself and my husband, we're in our early 60's.

4 replies to this topic
Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
7,188 posts
1 review
1. Re: Roosevelt cookout - horseback ride or wagon

You might find some information to help you decide what to do from reading through the Trip Advisor reviews for the cookout.

https:/…REVIEWS

There are pictures of the wagons that are used so you can look through them to get an idea of what you would be riding on. Riders are not allowed to take cameras on horseback rides so there are no pics of the actual horseback ride to get to the cookout. There were some trip reports last summer that included some information about the horseback rides but you would have to search through the trip reports to find them.

Deb

Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Roosevelt cookout - horseback ride or wagon

We did the wagon ride and it was great, just long enough and scenic. The guides gave good information along the way. Some others at our table who did the horseback ride were wishing they had done the wagons (thought the horse riding part was too long). It depends how important the horseback riding part is to you!

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
114 posts
3. Re: Roosevelt cookout - horseback ride or wagon

After reading the reviews we changed to the wagon ride instead of horseback riding, to be on the safe side. TY.

Williamston...
Level Contributor
986 posts
163 reviews
4. Re: Roosevelt cookout - horseback ride or wagon

I've only done the wagon ride and it was enjoyable. We were lucky and were in the first wagon, so not too much dust. The thing I liked about it was that you have a guide talking to you and everyone was able to introduce themselves. Not sure that would be possible on the horse ride. The horse riders do get there before the wagons, though, so they can claim the best tables.

Reply to: Roosevelt cookout - horseback ride or wagon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted