We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bozeman to Gardner

Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Bozeman to Gardner

I have been so concerned about planning inside the park, that i just remembered that we needed to know how to gel to the park! We are flying into Bozeman and going through the Gardiner entrance. Is this the general route to go?

http://mapq.st/2IhdsPd

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Bozeman
Bozeman
Montana
Gardiner
Gardiner
Montana
6 replies to this topic
Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
6,951 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bozeman to Gardner

Yes, the most efficient way to get from Bozeman to Gardiner (north entrance) is to go east on Interstate 90 to the town of Livingston and then south on Hwy 89 to Gardiner. It is about 90 miles.

Deb

Mentioned in this post
Bozeman
Bozeman
Montana
Gardiner
Gardiner
Montana
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bozeman to Gardner

Ok, thanks Deb!

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,184 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bozeman to Gardner

There's a very big (and nice) Albertsons grocery store as you exit the interstate to head south in Livingston. It's a great place to buy snacks, drinks, etc. since you'll be feet away from it as you exit off 90.

If you are there around lunch or dinner time, the historic little town of Livingston is just north of the interstate. Worth a stop to eat there. It's a great little town. The first visitors to Yellowstone used to get off the train there to get on the yellow buses to travel to Yellowstone. We took a tour a few years ago on one of the historic open top buses. A lot of fun, but I'm not sure that tour is still operating. The guide pointed out the homes of some celebrities, including Margot Kidder. Here's a nice article about her life in Livingston. There's a neat little museum there if that's of interest - but you'd probably want to get to the park!

https://www.livingstonenterprise.com/content…

Mentioned in this post
Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bozeman to Gardner

@onemoreroad -- Would you recommend stopping at that Albertson's in Livingston as opposed to hitting the grocery store in Gardiner? (Sorry to the OP for any thread hijack.)

Mentioned in this post
Gardiner
Gardiner
Montana
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,184 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bozeman to Gardner

It's a big (really big) grocery store and you'll literally drive right by it. Inches. Feet.

I've never been to the one in Gardiner so can't speak to that. But I really like the Albertsons.

Don't worry about any hijack. I like threads that become conversations. This forum (Wyoming) is really picky about that but it's accepted (and welcomed) on other forums.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 10:14
Mentioned in this post
Gardiner
Gardiner
Montana
Wyoming
Wyoming
United States
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bozeman to Gardner

Thanks onemoreroad. We will probably pass on the museum but having dinner in Livingston is an idea. By the time we get the car it will be around 4pm to 430pm. We could have an early dinner in Livingston or just head for Yellowstone. We will play it by ear.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Bozeman to Gardner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted