We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car question

Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rental car question

Everyone on this site has been super helpful and I hope you can help me out again.

I'm booking my rental car for my family's week long trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton. There are 4 of us -- 2 adults and 2 teen boys. My oldest is 6 feet tall now and, given the rate he is growing, is likely to be a few inches taller for our August trip. Therefore, leg room in the backseat is a big consideration. If I rent a large SUV, like a Tahoe, will I have problems parking the parks? We own a full size crew cab pickup so we are used to driving large trucks but I'm not sure how spacious parking is at various pull offs in the parks?

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car question

There will be times when parking a large vehicle is a challenge. Size matters, That said, I would vote with your son for plenty of leg room. Just be careful and legal when you park and respectful of others who use the park, too. (That's my diplomatic way of saying don't be crazy like too many other visitors).

ENJOY!

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,762 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car question

I've driven all sort of rental cars - from little ones to SUVs. In the last few years, I've driven a Subaru Outback but another family member was driving it and I drove the big ole Suburban. Didn't have one bit of trouble in the park. I'd go big for leg room and to have room for everything you have.

Reply to: Rental car question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted