We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz rental car bad reviews?

Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Hertz rental car bad reviews?

We're renting a car from Hertz @ Bozeman airport and return it @ Jackson Hole Airport for 1wk. I have to return 3 hours earlier due to flight changed. Do I have to worry for early return fine? I just reviewed their sites and the reviews are not good.

12 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1. Re: Hertz rental car bad reviews?

You're allowed to return the car to a different location? Did you get charged a drop fee?

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,663 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: Hertz rental car bad reviews?

No, not if you rented directly with Hertz. 3 hours earlier should not be a problem at all.

Problems arise when people rent from a 3rd party vendor, pre-pay the rental, and then want to change the details of their rental contract. If you rented directly through Hertz, there should be no problem.

Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
3. Re: Hertz rental car bad reviews?

Rent via Hertz.com used BJs discount coupon. Pick up @ BZN drop it @ Jac. After I read the reviews I am very worry about their bussniss conduct.Not sure about drop off charhe. I assume whatever they quoted me is total price. Thanks.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 20:36
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
4. Re: Hertz rental car bad reviews?

Charge.😀

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,663 posts
95 reviews
5. Re: Hertz rental car bad reviews?

Where are you reading these horrible reviews?

Boston...
Level Contributor
140 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Hertz rental car bad reviews?

I have returned a car early with Hertz and never had a problem. The only problem would be if you return it very late - then you might be charged extra hours. I have never had a problem with Hertz, but I have never done a one-way rental because of the drop off fees and higher prices. Why don't you call them and confirm if you are worried about it?

jackson, miss
Level Contributor
911 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Hertz rental car bad reviews?

Because they charge by the day, not the hour, you should not have a problem with an early hourly return on the day that it is actually due. I am always wary of returning a car if I can't put the keys in a person's hands. When you start having problems is an early daily return (don't ask me, I don't understand how a rental car company is hurt by having a car available when they get to charge you for the whole rental anyway). But, I have heard bad things about the Bozeman Hertz. I have had great experiences with the Jackson, SLC and Idaho Falls Hertz locations but have never dealt with the Bozeman one.

jackson, miss
Level Contributor
911 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Hertz rental car bad reviews?

Because they charge by the day, not the hour, you should not have a problem with an early hourly return on the day that it is actually due. I am always wary of returning a car if I can't put the keys in a person's hands. When you start having problems is an early daily return (don't ask me, I don't understand how a rental car company is hurt by having a car available when they get to charge you for the whole rental anyway). But, I have heard bad things about the Bozeman Hertz. I have had great experiences with the Jackson, SLC and Idaho Falls Hertz locations but have never dealt with the Bozeman one.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 01:33
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
33,195 posts
6,438 reviews
9. Re: Hertz rental car bad reviews?

I have rented from Hertz many many times and have not had an issue other than on some very long trip sometimes the low tire pressure light comes on, or its time for an oil change. (i.e. normal noises after driving a few thousand miles.). Staff has been good. Hertz price is as you booked. If you return it 3 hours earlier, ,they generally still charge you for the full day since its a multiple day rental.

There are not regular reviews for Hertz on trip advisor. As such, most of the people who write a forum post do so to complain...and that is why you may see more of these negative reviews.

I am very happy with the company.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
10. Re: Hertz rental car bad reviews?

Google, actually there are some good reviews.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 10:32
Reply to: Hertz rental car bad reviews?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted