We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inside Yellowstone Lodges provide soap/shampoo?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Inside Yellowstone Lodges provide soap/shampoo?

We will stay Canyon and OF Cabin. Do they provide shampoo/conditioner/soap (usual stuffs any hotel provide to their customers)? We will travel with only carryon bag.

Thanks.

8 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
33,849 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inside Yellowstone Lodges provide soap/shampoo?

Shampoo and soap but do not remember conditioner.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,160 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inside Yellowstone Lodges provide soap/shampoo?

Not like hotels. Depending on the lodging, there may be soap and shampoo dispensers in the showers. There ARE cute little bear soaps. I agree, if you need it, bring conditioner and lotion.

IOW, bring a little set from another hotel as a backup set in case your room has none.

https:/…

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
24,232 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inside Yellowstone Lodges provide soap/shampoo?

They do have body wash,shampoo and conditioner in the OF Lodge cabins (as well as Roosevelt shared bath and Lake cabins). If you wear glasses I do recommend you look at the labels on the big containers mounted in the shower before you start your ablutions, lol. They are not always in the same order.

Trust me on this and don’t ask me how I know!! 😂

I do travel with carryon for other trips and can manage with the 3 oz size of shampoo/2 oz size of conditioner for over a month in case you decide to bring your own.

Pam

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inside Yellowstone Lodges provide soap/shampoo?

Yes, we were there in February at Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel and a cabin at Snow Lodge and they had it all in the large refillable containers. It is a quality brand they sell in the gift shop in case you like it so much you want to buy it to take home.

Mentioned in this post
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs...
2,179 Reviews
Yellowstone National Park, WY
Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,920 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Inside Yellowstone Lodges provide soap/shampoo?

Disclosure- I have only stayed in the "cheaper" hotel rooms and cabins inside Yellowstone Park but every single one of them have had shampoo/conditioner and body wash soap in the shower. Every "cheap" hotel room and cabin with a bathroom/sink in it also had liquid soap and hand lotion on the sink counter.

I have no direct experience to say that the same products are available in other rooms inside the park but I would think if they are provided in rooms/cabins that cost $100 to $175 a night, they would be available for rooms and cabins that cost between $200 to $700 a night.

If you want a definitive answer, you can always send Xanterra an email and ask them. They are really good about answering back in a very reasonable amount of time.

I take my own shampoo/conditioner and lotion simply because I drive and have the room. If you prefer your own brand of shampoo/conditioner, you can always stop at a store after your flight arrives. Most of us suggest stopping at a store to get a small cooler and snack/drink items to have with you while touring the park. You can pick up any items you're not able to fit into your carry on at this time. It's not absolutely necessary that you do but it makes touring more efficient as you won't have to drive back to a "village" every time you're hungry or thirsty. While most villages are 16 to 20 miles apart from each other, depending on traffic those few miles can take a long time to drive.

Deb

Edited: 13 May 2018, 23:38
Mentioned in this post
Yellowstone Park Hotel
Yellowstone Park Hotel
656 Reviews
West Yellowstone, MT
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,160 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inside Yellowstone Lodges provide soap/shampoo?

It may have been in the Tetons, but at least one (Colter Bay cabins?) did not have conditioner. And little wrapped soaps, obviously instead of Yellowstone's cute little bear soaps. No dispensers on the counter. Bath wash and shampoo dispensers in the showers. I honestly don't remember what was in the shared baths for the Old House rooms at the OFI and I don't remember what was in the cabin at Mammoth. I do remember buying a full bottle of conditioner for the trip after the first shower without conditioner. I travel weekly and don't pack these items - because they are "always" there in hotels. But last week, the housekeeper had left two little bottles of shower gel and no bottle of shampoo. I just rinsed my hair and used the conditioner, instead of using something else as shampoo. I decided then and there to have one of each in a ziploc bag and not take it out of my suitcase.

But for those of us who have become spoiled by all of the little complimentary bottles in hotel rooms - that's changing too and they are going to the YNP (and others) model of using dispensers instead of little bottles.

dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-5…

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-beginning-o…

Edited: 13 May 2018, 23:49
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,232 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inside Yellowstone Lodges provide soap/shampoo?

Shared baths at OFI have the 3 dispensers in the shower and at the sink in the room have pump soap and lotion dispensers.

Pam

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,160 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inside Yellowstone Lodges provide soap/shampoo?

Thanks!

Just like the hotel rooms of the future!

Reply to: Inside Yellowstone Lodges provide soap/shampoo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted