We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Luana Booking ?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Outrigger Luana Booking ?

I have been trying to make a booking at the Luana for October 2014 the web site says not avaliable has the Luana changed its name or booking company ? all replys welcome thank you Aussie

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Luana Booking ?

Their website also gives you a phone number to call if you have any questions, along with an e-mail link. Chuck.

"Note to customers: Outrigger Hotels and Resorts will no longer manage Outrigger Luana Waikiki after December 31, 2013. We will continue to take reservations for the hotel until December 31, 2013. Any reservation for the hotel booked with Outrigger Hotels and Resorts that includes dates of stay from January 1, 2014 onward will be honored by the new management company. Should you have questions, please contact Outrigger Hotels Customer Service at 1-866-956-4262 (U.S., Canada & Guam) or 303-369-7777 worldwide direct or send email.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Luana Booking ?

I phoned outrigger resovations also the hotel both said that bookings only until dec 31 the new booking agent is aqua resorts but they will not take bookings until new year aqua will not return my emails or phone calls maybe a shonky booking company ?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,203 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Luana Booking ?

"aqua will not return my emails or phone calls maybe a shonky booking company ?"

Aqua has been around for years. There are many hotels & condos managed by Aqua.

October is a low season for number of visitors. Wait until the first of the year.

Luana Waikiki was formerly Waikiki Terrace. It was renovated about 10 years ago and renamed Luana Waikiki or Outrigger Luana Waikiki.

I think it has some hotel rooms. But it is mostly condos.

You can also look on sites like VRBO.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…outrigger-luana

Edited: 19 December 2013, 13:22
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,324 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Luana Booking ?

Aqua Hotels & Resorts is a major, local Hawaii hotel "flag".....

With a solid reputation.

They list the Luana on their website, and I put in a few test dates in 2014 and would have been able to book a room on-line if I so desired.

You might just check it out:

http://www.aquaresorts.com/destinations/oahu/

It is a difficult (but not uncommon) situation when a hotel, condotel or condominium project changes over management from one company to the next.

The old guy (Outrigger in this case) doesn't want to help out its replacement/competition, while the new guy (Aqua) has to tread lightly or get sued.

You are correct Dustman re it being the old Waikiki Terrace Hotel, and a great little building she is.

It was converted into a condominium (or condotel).

So, all of the units, most of which are just renovated hotel rooms (but there are some one and two bedrooms), are now individually owned condo units.

seattle
Level Contributor
641 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Luana Booking ?

Any idea what the new name will be? We stayed there last year and would consider again if the quality of management remains the same or is better.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,203 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger Luana Booking ?

I'm pretty sure it will remain Luana Waikiki (that's what it is on Aqua's site). It may also be called Aqua Luana Waikiki after they take over management.

On a side note:

Most condos keep their original name and kind of add another name for the property.

Examples:

Waikiki Sunset or Aston Waikiki Sunset

Waikiki Banyan or Aston Waikiki Banyan

On sites like VRBO, most go by the property name & not the management company name added.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…waikiki

Vancouver
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Outrigger Luana Booking ?

I just read this the other day about Aston Hotels purchasing all of the Aqua hotels. Wonder if this is what is going on here?

beatofhawaii.com/aqua-resorts-sold-to-aston-…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outrigger Luana Booking ?

Yes I agree you can book 2014 but the prices are sky high in some cases 40perrcent higher than 2013 maybe waiting for new year to set price for 2014 but that is no excuse for aqua to ignore emails and phone please post email address of head honcho so I can give them a serve thank you Aussie

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outrigger Luana Booking ?

Yes I agree you can book 2014 but the prices are sky high in some cases 40perrcent higher than 2013 maybe waiting for new year to set price for 2014 but that is no excuse for aqua to ignore emails and phone please post email address of head honcho so I can give them a serve thank you Aussie

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,203 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Outrigger Luana Booking ?

Another article about Aqua Hospitality being sold to Aston:

bizjournals.com/pacific/news/2013/12/12/hawa…

"He told PBN there will no management, employee or branding changes."