We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach Handbags

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Coach Handbags

From memory, Coach handbags in Hawaii are considerably more expensive than the mainland (you might say Stateside). Is this still the case?

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
22,937 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coach Handbags

I don't know about the prices of Coach, but no, we say "the mainland," not "stateside," as Hawai`i is a state.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coach Handbags

The "trouble & strife" offset that price differential by visiting the Waikeke outlets Coach store on our last visit. When she mentioned her multiple Coach purchases I saw red until she showed me the savings she'd made over shopping at the "Waikiki Drive" store. I was stunned.

Corona del Mar, CA
Level Contributor
50,251 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coach Handbags

I can't say that I've seen any big difference between Coach prices in Honolulu vs LA.

My only caution on the outlets is that Coach is one of the companies that has the outlet merchandise come from different factories than the retail stores. My mother has bought from the Coach outlets and been pleased with what she bought, but people should be aware that they are not the same.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
41,408 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coach Handbags

And keep in mind that different states have different taxes. Hawaii's is considerably lower than California's ... but higher than other States.

Helmetta, New Jersey
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coach Handbags

no difference in prices in any state....as another poster wrote the sales tax is lower in Hawaii than other states. Coach also runs 25% discount offers periodically in their full price retail stores (not the factory stores). They just ran this promotion for about a week and it just ended. You should make another post right before you leave for Hawaii asking if there is a promotion going on...it can't hurt :)

Alberta
Level Contributor
654 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coach Handbags

Some of the Coach outlet bags are lovely; but in my mind they are not true Coach, but sometimes you will find a Coach store bag at the outlets. I have had luck finding Coach store bags, as well as Michael Korrs bags, on sale at Macy's on the mainland. I'll find out this fall if Macy's in Hawaii carry Coach.

Bendigo
Level Contributor
893 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coach Handbags

A must for you is the Coach store at Waikele - I am with Harleynut's trouble and strife and can always feel good about the number of bags I buy and justify it with the $$$$ saved.

Annapolis, Maryland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Coach Handbags

The coach outlet store will have bags made for the outlet "factory store" that will have an F in the serial number which is on the label inside the bag. They should also have some bags that were made for retail stores either coach retail stores or department stores and those bags are usually in the clearance section. Those bags will not have an F in the serial number and are considered by some to be more desirable. Hope that helps.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coach Handbags

Not that it matters but I like to tease my wife about Coach bags. The fact that they are all made in China and the company has been owned for years by Sara Lee. Serious mark-up on handbags, and don't even get me started on eyeglasses/sunglasses!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coach Handbags

We once bought our daughter a gorgeous bag at the Outlet near Seattle...It bled all over her clothes! Yup it does indeed rain here!