We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
241 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

OK folks. I am starting a new forum so we can begin again. Noticed Gustavo posted on our 2013 site, so here's a new one.

For folks who wander on this thread looking for Pro Bowl info, you have come to the right place. Post your questions and I am sure one of us will have an answer for you and if not, we'll fake one :).

As for the regulars, we will meet up at Tiki's once again at 2:00 p.m. on January 25th for Happy Hour and our annual tailgate will be in full force the next day at Aloha stadium.

Looking forward to seeing some new folks on here this time around and sharing updates with the oldtimers....BeachesMountains, Probowl, Mapper, MikeM and the rest of the gang.

Spanaway, Washington
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
101. Re: 2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

Good to see some new postings. I haven't seen anything on local events and talking to friends who live Honolulu they haven't yet either. Will keep looking and post what I find. Like Brino99 I am season ticket holder and have two tickets that right now are available (not 50yd line). They are 20yd line field level 6 rows from field same side as Brino99. One of my kids and her son are not making it this year, so just me and one son (he a Seahawk fan) me RAIDERS even thought they are still having rough times. Have hung out with Brino99 and his wife and others for last 4-5 yrs.? maybe longer. looking forward to events get together and of course GAME. 18 days and counting till my arrival.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
102. Re: 2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

Think it's still a week + early for announcements on activities Brian, but this wasn't on the NFL website when I looked a week ago so assuming it's current:

…nflonlocation.com/inside-the-pro-bowl/the-e…

In the past, as I recall, the NFL site only lists "officially sanctioned" events, so hopefully much more forthcoming from local sources; including a reincarnation of the Kapiolani Park expo (picked up several PB player watches there as well as vintage t's to replace some I'd worn out). YouTube from a few years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr5qF7Zfnb8

As far as Pro Bowl bargain hunting at the International Marketlace, I think it was scheduled to be closed/demolished before the end of 2013; replaced by an upscale, multi-story shopping mall; sorry Mapper!

Likewise, still early for much in the way of merchandise offerings on EBAY, but did notice this cap:

ebay.com/itm/… ... or http://tinyurl.com/llnfp83

There was also an orange cap ( and visors)/same design as the neon green. If memory serves me, the two colors are in conformance with the 2014 uniforms.

P.S. Here's the link for the online edition of "This Week on Oahu" you mentioned:

http://thisweekhawaii.com/oahu/

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
241 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
103. Re: 2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

2009 was our first Pro Bowl and we were there at the park. I, too, wish they would bring that back, but I think it is gone for good. I have seen nothing about the International Marketplace being gone, although I did see the article about it going away for some more high-end shopping. Just what everyone needs...another Coach store. I searched the internet this evening and came across the same thing you did on the NFL web site. That was about all I could find.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,515 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
104. Re: 2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

The International Market Place is indeed, going, going and almost gone. There maybe a few vendors there as some got an extension but it is now just a skeleton of what it used to be.

Yes, high end stores are going in but before anyone gets too upset, the proceeds will be going to the Queen Emma Trust which is responsible for the only trauma unit in the state at Queens Medical Center.

Spanaway, Washington
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
105. Re: 2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

All things good or bad come to and end. I remember watching and playing vollyball on the beach next to a Bar called tiki BOB'S 30+ years ago during one of my first trips to Oahu. Just something thought would last forever an people took for granted and them it was gone. Were great times but times change.

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
241 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
106. Re: 2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

So, have the vendors relocated anywhere? We always enjoyed going through the Marketplace and finding a good deal on something. Those guys woud bargain harder than the folks on the beach in Mexico. A couple of years ago one vendor chased a guy down and was asking, "What do you want to pay! What do you want to pay?" Too funny. Seriously though, I think the International Marketplace is something that tourists enjoyed and it is nice that something good for the island is coming of it, but I think we folks from the mainland and Canada are going to miss it. It's just one of those things that you expect to visit with you come to Waikiki. I bet the folks on the island would say, "Huh?" to that comment. "All the beauty of the island and you miss the International Marketplace?" Maybe sad, but true.

San Diego CA
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
107. Re: 2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

19 days and counting, Aloha !!!!!!!!!

Go Chargers !!!!!!!!

Spanaway, Washington
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
108. Re: 2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

Probowl bringing the Patron?

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
241 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
109. Re: 2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

My guess would be, "Yes." I booked the NCL cruise of the Hawaiian islands for January 2015. I timed it to coincide with the 2015 Pro Bowl assuming there is one and it is in Hawaii again.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
110. Re: 2014 Pro Bowl - Your one stop shop for Pro Bowl info

Yes, we are really interested. 50 yard line for 50 years would be great. How can we firm it up?