We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sealife Park - Anyone been lately? Is it worth a trip......

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sealife Park - Anyone been lately? Is it worth a trip......

Just trying to add activites to my trip........wondering if its worth it?

Thoughts?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sealife Park - Anyone been lately? Is it worth a trip......

We were not impressed, and we thought is was small and overly-expensive. Pretty area!

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sealife Park - Anyone been lately? Is it worth a trip......

If you are looking for an animal related activity to add to your activity list, my suggestion is..

honoluluzoo.org/education-programs/twilight-…

This is on our plan of things to do next trip. :) We used to be tour guides at our local zoo back in Adelaide and took people on twilight tours many times, it was a great experience - to tour people, and to be in the zoo after dark.

We also did some "zoo watch" activities back in those days including an overnight watch for one of the new nocturnal animals to see what it got up to. Staying in the zoo overnight (camped out in the front seat of a ute in case the lions escaped, no joke!) was something I will never forget.. So I would also recommend -

honoluluzoo.org/education-programs/snooze-in…

if you are looking for a different kind of night life in Waikiki and something a bit unique, that might be perfect! ;)

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,350 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sealife Park - Anyone been lately? Is it worth a trip......

I was given a tour through SLP last month (work related)....

The facility is in the best condition I have seen in many, many years.

The employees were upbeat, everything was clean and well-ordered, and they have added some new features and exhibits (including an expanded kid's playground and aviary).

Having said that, I felt the price I paid (free) was just right.

Not sure I would want to shell out for General Admission unless I was going to upgrade and do one of their special programs, like swimming with the dolphins (I know, I know).

Edited: 13 April 2013, 06:54
Calgary
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sealife Park - Anyone been lately? Is it worth a trip......

We went to SeaLife at the end of March 2013 with our two little boys (who loved it). It was ok - the park was clean and the dolphin and sea lion shows were not bad. Really, for the kids it was fine. Admission costs though...when we did it they had a Coke promotion on their website where you got 1/2 price admission with an empty can of coke. My DH enjoys his rum-cokes while on holiday so we snagged 4 empties from the recycle bin and Bob's your uncle. I wouldn't have gone if we would have had to pay full price.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sealife Park - Anyone been lately? Is it worth a trip......

Let's see if I can make this make sense. I'm from California (as is Amberloo) - and I grew up with some wonderful Sea World types places. Sea Life Park just didn't compare. If you are from an area where these types of attractions are rare ... then it may be more meaningful.

6. Re: Sealife Park - Anyone been lately? Is it worth a trip......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 14:18