We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Esta

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Topic
Esta

I have organised a trip to Hawaii in three weeks and all travellers have valid passports and Esta's. I have just been told by a travel agent, whom I don't trust, that I have to put all my details into their computer system or there'll be trouble when we arrive in Homolulu.

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
910 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Esta

Hi there,

If you can find the right website [ I don't have a computer]

the price is $14 for an ESTA and NOBODY has the right to

coerce you into

paying up to $79 for getting you one..

If all else fails go to a computer in a decent library or a

shopping mall which has a computer bench for about $4 or $5

per hour.. If you can download the record and carry a photostat

copy with you at all times during the trip just to be sure...

In every walk of life there are skimmers....All the best

Maybe others can help you on this forum who are up with this

every day routine in their lifestyle..

I have not been anywhere for a while thanks to 7 trips to hospital

with a battle with cancerous tumors in the comic cuts...

I have seen many people a LOT worse off than myself.....NWF...

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Esta

You do have ti supply your passport numbers for the flight booking as far as I remember but Ive never been asked for my Esta number - just got asked if I had one. Id ask the travel agent who the policy belongs to - is it the agency, the airline or someone else?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
39,777 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Esta

Aloha,

Folks, the OP said they already HAD ESTAs for all the travelers! Right here:

"and all travellers have valid passports and Esta's."

Not sure where a 79 dollar charge came up, NWF--I don't see that anywhere in the OP or other posts??

I got the feel he is unhappy with the travel agent having the information.............security and identity fraud concerns. I see nothing about the agent wanting to **charge** him any sum.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Esta

Is it possible they just want to guarantee you have them? So you don't show up at the airport, get refused boarding because you don't have one (I know you do, just speculating) and then blame your travel agent for not telling you you needed one? Perhaps they have had this happen to them before, people saying they will get one and then forgetting and then blaming the travel agent saying they thought the travel agent would do it for them even though they aren't able to?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Esta

Steve, cruzncouple used the correct phrase..API

What is the Advance Passenger Information System (APIS)?

Answer

Advance Passenger Information (API) is passenger data required by government authorities in advance of a passenger's arrival or departure for the purpose of aviation security and border control.

Qantas is required to comply with and provide Advance Passenger Information data to the government authorities.

The APIS maximises security of travel by providing customs with information about passengers prior to their arrival in a country, such as passport information and address at your destination. Only the relevant information required by each country will be provided to their customs and immigration authorities.

If I don't provide the required Advance Passenger Information through Manage Your Booking prior to departure, will I be able to travel?

Answer

As it is mandatory for Qantas to collect API for the governments of various countries prior to travel, passengers who do not supply API will not be permitted to travel.

You must provide the required API at least 72 hours before departure to allow for processing by the US Department of Homeland Security.

You can do this through Manage Your Booking

NOTE: Please add your middle name at the time of booking. If you do not add your middle name at the time of booking and it appears on your passport, you will have to call Telesales to add it to your booking.

I've taken this off the Qantas pages..

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
910 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Esta

HI Fido,

The ads show 3 different prices from suppliers..

$59..$64 and $79 a shot at the title..

" Seek and Ye shall Find"....

Have fun...NWF...

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
39,777 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Esta

Aloha,

But my point was that they already HAVE ESTAs. They don't need to pay anyone and the OP never mentioned payment being the issue.

Never mind, guess my English isn't good enough.

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
910 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Esta

Hi there,

Nothing has been lost with the communication

which is a lot more congenial than what we

have in Sydney at the moment.

Good to talk to you..Send you some biscuits

if you like. All the best NWF>>>..

19. Re: Esta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2013, 19:15