We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
noosa
Level Contributor
327 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

3 of us would like to stay in Waikiki for just one night. Using the airport shuttle service would be an extra $50 return trip. Are there any hotels around $120 per night, that offer a free airport shuttle?

Or is there a hotel booking website, where I can put this option in? Not even Hawaiian info could give me this info.

Many thanks!

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,399 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

Aloha,

Not many hotels have a free shuttle.

The Hawaiian Monarch might work for you, keep in mind that it is far from the action, but within walking distance.

hawaiianmonarchhotels.com

Also this to explore:

ehow.com/list_6385412_waikiki-hotels-airport…

Hope this helps.

Maybe some others will help also,

Aloha

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,416 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

Aloha,

None of the Waikiki hotels have a free shuttle, sorry! One shuttle service many here have used is Hawaii 23. Do a search with the name in quote marks and you'll get lots of info.......you could use them both directions and save some $$$.

For hotels, check the Hawaii Prince, too.

Edited: 05 November 2011, 13:29
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,842 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

I am pretty sure no Waikiki hotel has a shuttle.

Value hotels are the Waikiki Sand Villa, Hotel Ilima, Queen Kapiolani, Park Shore Hotel, Waikiki Circle, the Ohana hotels and the Aqua hotels.

Use the links below to help you.

http://www.wizardpub.com/oahu/oahaerials.html

www.discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,399 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

Aloha,

Correction:

While the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel's website (and other sites mentioning the Monarch) says it has a free shuttle - and even has a separate page about booking that shuttle (Airport Shuttle Package) - it no longer offers its free shuttle.

Hopefully, they will correct their website and notify the other sites right away.

Aloha

Sask
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

I thought suze mentioned that she had a complimentary shuttle with one of her hotel stays? Personally, I wouldn't book a hotel based on that alone...

If you are looking at cheap transport from HNL to Waikiki, you can always take the bus...that is if you only have carry-on. They won't let you on with large pieces of luggage. It costs $2.50 and takes about an hour.

California
Level Contributor
573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

I'm sure Suzee will be replying, but she did mention it was the Waikiki Sand Villa. I believe it was a special for a limited time though, whereby the hotel paid for the shuttle service. They don't run their own shuttle, such as higher priced hotels do in major cities (but not Honolulu)

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
925 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

The Sand Villa does offer a free shuttle but you have to stay x amounts of nights. sorry, I can't remember exactly how many but I "think" five. They used Ilima Shuttle service when we were there last Xmas and we were very pleased with them.

Edited: 06 November 2011, 04:22
noosa
Level Contributor
327 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

Thanks everybody for all your info!

I emailed Hawaiian Monarch 3 days ago in regards to their advertised FREE SHUTTLE offer on so many websites, but they never replied. Guess we'll just take one of the shuttles or a cab which might work out nearly the same for 3 people.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,399 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

Aloha,

You're welcome.

The HM's shuttle has been discontinued. You might check Hawaii23, which would cover all 3 of you for $23.

Have a great trip.

Aloha

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,305 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waikiki Hotels with free airport shuttle

A taxi is just as economical as the shuttles when you're 3 people together.

I did get free round-trip airport transportation from Waikiki Sand Villa hotel my last trip (they had an arrangement with one of the regular shuttle companies) but that was for staying 4+ nights.

suze