We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver island
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

Thinking about doing this. I am wondering how smooth/rough the voyage is;have a sensitive tummy;will gravol be sufficient,lol?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
12,835 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

We have done the Outrigger a couple of times and it was great. I have also heard good things about Na Hoku. Look for the coupons.

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

NaHoku does not let you reserve online which is why we did not end up going with them! We reserved with Outrigger instead...

I emailed NaHoku a few months ago asking to reserve but they said it was wayyy to early and to email back a week before the sail. I emailed a couple of days ago just out of curiosity and no one has responded...

Just because of this I would recommend staying away from NaHoku!

Edited: 21 October 2011, 03:48
laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

The boats are on the beach all day so to reserve just go up and put your name on the list with one of the guys. You for sure need to reserve for a sunset sail. If you are going to try internet reservations the best one would be the mai tai. Like I said internet reservations are not recommended, they often get lost. These are not the corporate type slick operations like they have on Maui, its more like load up and have fun.

Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

Good point. I don't want to waste part of my morning going over there to reserve day of. I'm going to reserve outrigger and follow up with a phone call a few days before. Thanks for the advice.

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

Exactly! I also emailed Outrigger, had no problem!

I guess it depends on your personality! I'm the type of person that I want to have everything reserved ahead time, especially for the activities that I really want to do! I don't want to take a chance and then not be able to go...

In regards of the reservation getting lost, Outrigger emailed me a voucher to bring at the time of the cruise, I don't see how that could end up being lost...

Edited: 21 October 2011, 05:09
Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

I would not consider an Oahu vacation complete without a sunset sail. Google the catamaran names on YouTube and you will find videos of the sailing vessels. Think about that before you get to "loose" on the drink of the day!

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

I would not consider an Oahu vacation complete without a sunset sail. Google the catamaran names on YouTube and you will find videos of the sailing vessels. Think about that before you get to "loose" on the drink of the day!

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

It's ridiculous to not recommend an outfit because they did not reply to your email. Did you follow up a second time? Who knows, maybe their internet was out...

I've sailed on the Na Hoku over 15 times. It's a great sail with a great crew.

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

As I said, this is my personal opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

If someone can't be bothered to answer to my email, I can't be bothered to give them my money when there are so many other options available.

And I did not get a good vibe from them the first time around when I emailed them...

Edited: 21 October 2011, 22:26
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Sailing Cruise

I see a lot of you don't recommend booking online and I can understand why. But I would like to go on christmas eve and don't arrive in town until Dec 23. Should I book online to avoid missing out?