We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Airport to North Shore

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Airport to North Shore

We are planning to stay in the North Shore area and don't really want to hire a car. We usually stay in Waikiki so I have no idea what the cost will be for taxi transportation from the airport. Does anyone have any idea how much it will be?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
899 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Airport to North Shore

A lot! Probably $150.

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Airport to North Shore

Go on-line and Google Honolulu airport taxis. You will find companies

that will offer a fixed price under $90.00 one way. Their are no $10.00 shuttles to the North Shore, only to Waikik.l

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Airport to North Shore

I believe transportation is pretty limited outside of Honolulu w/o a car you have few options and I don't think the Bus as good as it is will be what you want to depend on.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Airport to North Shore

I don't know what you plan to do on the North Shore, but in my opinion, without a car, you'd be more or less trapped out there. The bus doesn't come that often (thebus.org) and, as far as I know, there is no local trolley in the area. If you have decided not to rent a car for the whole time and don't like the idea of a long bus ride to get to your hotel you can do the unthinkable. Rent a car for one day and transport your family and baggage to the hotel then have one person return the car and take the bus (ugh) back to the hotel.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
899 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Airport to North Shore

Sheila, thats very true. Unless they are planning on staying at the Turtle Bay resort where they have beaches and restaurants, it'll be tough. From... say, Sunset Beach to Waimea to Hale'iwa would be a hell of a walk, wouldn't you say!

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Airport to North Shore

Thanks for your advice everyone, much appreciated - we are planning to stay at the Turtle Bay Resort for a relaxing few days and then head on down to Waikiki for the rest of our vacation. Have been to Hawaii many times and seen most of the sights so we are really there because we love it so much and want to have a relaxing vacation. I'm not good with driving in the US as we drive on the opposite side of the road here hence avoiding renting a car. We also arrive late in the evening after approx 20 hours flying so will be tired. I will look into the suggested taxi info.

Thanks everyone.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
899 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Airport to North Shore

You can contact the Turtle Bay and see if they have a shuttle company that they deal with. I don't know offhand, because we drove to the Turtle Bay. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did deal with a shuttle company, due to the distance.

You'll really enjoy it there, I think. Make sure you get a bus down to Hale'iwa, Sunset Beach, and Pipeline for a while.

8. Re: Taxi from Airport to North Shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 12:18