We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion required for stay at the Hawaiian Village Tower

vancouver
Level Contributor
169 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion required for stay at the Hawaiian Village Tower

I have signed up to attend a Hilton Grand Vacation timeshere presentation and have access to the following towers to stay at the Hawaiian Village.

The Grand Waikikian

The Grand Islander

and the Lagoon Tower

Which of these is best to stay in? I will have a 2 year old with me. We would like to be as central as possible and explore the village shops, pools, lagoon area, and hourly activities that the Hilton Village offers.

I'm inclined towards the Grand Islander since its a newer property and has somewhat nicer rooms than the other 2. I will also be using a car for transportation.

Edited: 17 February 2018, 14:35
Mentioned in this post
Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations
Grand Waikikian by...
1,443 Reviews
Oahu, HI
The Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations
The Grand Islander by...
469 Reviews
Oahu, HI
4 replies to this topic
Bayonne, France
Level Contributor
11,349 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion required for stay at the Hawaiian Village Tower

Lagoon Tower for sure......

It is in the middle of the property, adjacent to the lagoon, great lawn, retail complex, self-parking garage and Children's pool.

The Grand Waikikian and Grand Ialander are both of the fringes of the large campus and quite a walk into the middle.

The Lagoon Tower units are spacious with a full kitchen and laundry facilities. They were all renovated a few years back.

Plus good views from either side of building.

One side of Grand Waikikian looks into a concrete canyon and is loud and undesirable.

The Grand Islander will have some great and some obstructed views and is above Kalia Road.

The Lagoon Tower gets nominal to no road noise.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations
Grand Waikikian by...
1,443 Reviews
Oahu, HI
The Grand Islander by...
469 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion required for stay at the Hawaiian Village Tower

The Grand Islander is brand new. The Lagoon tower is right on beach but the laundry is on each floor and not in your unit. The Grand Waikkian is connected to the lagoon tower lobby so it is close to the beach. You just walk thru the lobby. The Grand waikkian and Grand Islander have laundry in each unit. We have stayed in all but the Grand Islander, and we are going to be staying soon in the Grand Waikkian again. Both the Grand Waikkian and Lagoon tower are closer to beach, lagoon, and kids pool.

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Islander by...
469 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Bayonne, France
Level Contributor
11,349 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion required for stay at the Hawaiian Village Tower

The two bedroom unit I used to spend every New Years Week inat the Lagoon Tower certainly had a nice sized washer and dryer in the unit.

Maybe all do not, but my friends unit did.

And the Lagon tower is far close to the beach and center of the campus than either of the two newer towers. Just look at Google earth

Edited: 20 February 2018, 04:12
vancouver
Level Contributor
169 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion required for stay at the Hawaiian Village Tower

Hi all.

Thanks for all your responses. I tried getting in the Lagoon Tower, but there was no availability for my dates. So I have now settled with a Junior Suite with 800 sq ft at the Rainbow Tower. I hope this be just as good.

Reply to: Suggestion required for stay at the Hawaiian Village Tower
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted