We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Oahu, Waikiki with a 2yr old

Sydney, Aust
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Oahu, Waikiki with a 2yr old

Hi, my Husband and I are coming to Waikiki from Australia with our 2 yr old Son in August next year and I'm looking for help with accommodation. I'd done lots of research and decided on Holiday Inn Beachcomber (soon to be Outrigger) because it looked like a good central location and had two bedroom condos so we could put our Son to bed at 7pm and not have to go to bed ourselves. It's also close to The Sheridan which has Childminding (which we will be using). I went to book today and unfortunately the Holiday Inn is booked out for the dates we wanted to stay.

Are there any other 2 bedroom condos that are a good central location and aren't too expensive? Holiday inn was $239 per night.

Thanks

Jessica

7 replies to this topic
Seattle
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Oahu, Waikiki with a 2yr old

August is high season. Do you mean $239US? I don't think you'll have much luck with a 2brm unit for that budget.

Have you considered a condo rental?

Dallas
Level Contributor
26,687 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Oahu, Waikiki with a 2yr old

Possible look at the Outrigger Reef. I think they also have 2 bedroom units and are located directly on the beach.

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
384 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Oahu, Waikiki with a 2yr old

Aston Bayan Waikiki has apartment/hotel units, these are very good for families.

Otherwise, book a vacation rental, I used Captain Cook Resort Rental.

Or AirBNB...

Otherwise for regular hotel, it can get expensive for a suite type unit.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Oahu, Waikiki with a 2yr old

Hi Jess

We have been twice, first time son was 18months & second time 3yr old and a 1yr old. Also with a 7pm bedtime.

Depending on the holiday style your after (we always prefer seperate bedrooms also) we stayed at the Outrigger in Waikiki and at the Marriott Ko’Olina the first time and Ko’Olina won hands down. Went back again and only stayed in Ko’Olina (this time at the Beach Villas)

Waikiki is crazy busy, the beach is rough and it’s jam packed full of Aussies... just doesn’t seem authentic when everyone around you is from Oz.

Ko’Olina is perfect for young families, and their lagoons, though man made are simply perfect.

Check out my reviews for more details but I’m about to book again, and though we go to Waikiki to eat at the Cheesecake Factory lol I’ll never stay there again.

Feel free to ask more questions

Dora

Oahu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Oahu, Waikiki with a 2yr old

Dora,

Lucky for you there's a Cheesecake Factory in Kapolei now so you won't even have to drive all the way to Waikiki for your fix if you're out at Ko'olina. :)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Oahu, Waikiki with a 2yr old

Oh. My. God!!

Analise83 your my most fav person today!! It wasn’t there last July/Aug when we went!!!

Ok so I rest my case for this thread - Ko’Olina all the way!!!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in Oahu, Waikiki with a 2yr old

Not much help to get thinking on Ko'olina when the op said a budget of $239, it is more like $800.

If you are looking at something in line with budget then perhaps a one bedroom would work, it still gives a separate area to put the baby to sleep early

Reply to: Accommodation in Oahu, Waikiki with a 2yr old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted