We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Wings?

Best Wings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2016, 22:30
Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Wings?

Its always a matter of taste and preference.

As you know the Anchor bar is the birthplace. The competitor is Duffs as per the food channel when they did the Food Wars and Duffs beat out Anchor Bar

I find Elmos - a small bar in Getzville NY has awesome wings.

Others will chime in and give them opinions.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Wings?

I vote for La Nova:

lanova.com/ordereze/la_nova_splash.html

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Wings?

My favorites

Smoked Wings - BW's

BBQ Wings - La Nova

Hot Wings - In order of personal taste

Duffs

Dwyers pub

Anchor Bar

Bocce Pizza

Gabriel's Gate

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Wings?

This is one of those questions that there are a million different answers for. The best wings often come from the places that are quite local.

Anchor Bar and Duffs are both good options but the new Duffs are not good. Only go to the one on Sheridan and Millersport. The Orchard Park, Cheektowaga locations are not the same, Tacky and mediocre.

I still think Anchor bar has some awesome wings. Gabriel's gate is also very very good.

Central Park Grill on Main Street between UB and Canisius is probably the best wing for the price. The other big name places (Anchor, Duffs) know people go there on their reputation and charge you for it... Good wings shouldn't be expensive. CPG's has very good wings at a good price. All food is actually extremely well priced and good.

Sportsmans Tavern on Amherst Street in Black Rock has some really good BBQ wings. I wouldn't bother with their "hot" wings though.

5. Re: Best Wings?

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

6. Re: Best Wings?

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
61 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Wings?

In my opinion the best wings are not even in the city. My top choices are:

1) Bar Bill- East Aurora, The hot Cajun are insane

2) Elmos- Really good cajun

3) Smoked Wings- Brickyard- Lewiston

4) BBQ Pit Style- LaNovas

5)Gabriels Gate- Best in City of Buffalo

Cheektowaga, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Wings?

I love Dingen's Bar & Grill on Dingens just about 5 miles from downtown Buffalo. HUGE crispy and medium are best (Garlic Parm are pretty darn good as well). Another, Peter K's in Cheektowaga on Harlem Road. Out of the toursist places-Anchor Bar is better in my mind.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
243 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Wings?

Johnny's Pizzeria 4841 Union Rd. (Medium is just hot enough)

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Wings?

Mammoser's Tavern in Hamburg is my all-time favorite, but LaNova's is a "can't miss" also.

I know some folks suggested The Brickyard in Lewiston, but their service is terrible. If you want to try smoked wings, go to BW's in Blasdell.