We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a decent room, flying in to BUF

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a decent room, flying in to BUF

Wife/I/baby will be flying to BUF early May 2010. Will arrive toward evening and spending one night in the Buffalo area. The next day, will drive to Niagara Falls to take that in. I am looking for a nice, clean hotel between BUF and Niagara Falls that is easy to get to, in a nice neighborhood, and offers restaurant choices close by. Anywhere from BUF en route would be good. Also, would like to pay less than $100/nt but can go a tad over if need be.

Not looking for the Ritz BUT something clean and convenient - we want to get to the Falls in short order the next AM to take it in.

Thx

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a decent room, flying in to BUF

The drive from the Buffalo airport to Niagara Falls, is less than 1/2 hour. There are a number of hotels near the airport, but in my experience, airport hotels tend to be noisy. The only decent place that I can think of between the two locations, is the Holiday Inn, Grand Island, which I personally think is a bit isolated. There are more places and restaurants in the Buffalo area, so you might as well stay close by. I would suggest the Millennium Hotel, which is 10 min. from the airport, and is next to a big shopping mall (Walden Galleria), and is pretty busy and pretty safe. Plenty of nearby restaurants. Alternatively, anything in the Amherst area, along Maple, where there are lots of restaurants. Perhaps the Marriott.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
609 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a decent room, flying in to BUF

You might enjoy the Hampton Inn Williamsville. Very convenient and set in a very nice village atmoshere with plenty of dining options very close by. Try the Eagle House on Main Street.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a decent room, flying in to BUF

The Hampton Inn in Williamsville was my first thought, too, but the rates are well over $100/night (starting at $135). A close alternative would be the Lord Amherst, at $109/night (http://lordamherst.com). That would put you in the same neighborhood, close to the same shops and restaurants.

Boston
Level Contributor
624 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a decent room, flying in to BUF

Go on hotwire about two weeks before. For $58 which includes all the NY taxes, I got a room at the Millenium hotel.

5. Re: Looking for a decent room, flying in to BUF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2010, 14:19