We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Niagra Falls Canada from Buffalo?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Niagra Falls Canada from Buffalo?

Happy New Year everyone! I'm going back to Buffalo this summer and would like to go to Niagra Falls on the Canadian side. For some reason the directions are confusing to me. I tried it last summer (during a big thunderstorm) and missed the bridge. I want to try it again. What's the easiest way to get there from Buffalo? Thanks in advance!

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Niagra Falls Canada from Buffalo?

Hi Lisa90274, Happy New Year! If you're going to Niagara Falls Ontario it sounds like you want to take the Rainbow Bridge very close to the Falls. It's easy to do: just take I-190 north and cross onto Grand Island. On the bridge OFF Grand Island, you will exit onto the Robert Moses Expressway. Be careful, however, this exit is BEFORE THE END OF THE BRIDGE, so you must be in the right lane and going slow enough to turn off the bridge onto the Robert Moses. This will take you directly to the Falls, just keep going to the Rainbow Bridge. Don't forget your passport to get back into the USA!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Niagra Falls Canada from Buffalo?

You make it sound so simple. :-) Thank you, I'll give it one more shot. The mapquest directions are a little confusing.

Thanks again!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
609 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Niagra Falls Canada from Buffalo?

It is quite simple however the exit Lady Dee accurately describes is tricky because as soon as you exit you have two options, to go straight ahead onto Buffalo Road or stay hard right and loop onto the Robert Moses Parkway. The parkway follows the Niagara River and goes through the American park and dead ends right at the bridge. You will have to make right and u turn onto the Rainbow bridge which you will clearly see right in front of you.....

Tonawanda, New York
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Niagra Falls Canada from Buffalo?

A GPS is a wonderful thing when traveling in a new place!!

5. Re: How to get to Niagra Falls Canada from Buffalo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2010, 14:17