We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NY Bar exam Buffalo - where to stay???

ireland
3 posts
Save Topic
NY Bar exam Buffalo - where to stay???

Does anyone know which are the best hotels to stay in buffalo if you are sitting the ny bar exam in feb 2010? which of them run shuttle buses to and from the exam? i'd greatly appreciate some info on this as i am keen to get a hotel booked!

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NY Bar exam Buffalo - where to stay???

Hi rj1234, Where is the bar exam being held? Do you have an address for it?

ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NY Bar exam Buffalo - where to stay???

it is being held in buffalo niagara convention center. I stayed in hamburg and travelled in and out for the last exam but it cost about $280 in taxis for 5 journeys. do u know any reasonably priced hotels near the center or even ones that run shuttle buses to and from the hotel for the bar exam??> thanks

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NY Bar exam Buffalo - where to stay???

I don't know of any hotels offering shuttles to the bar exam or Convention Center. You shouldn't have to pay $280 in taxi fares though! Consider staying in downtown Bflo so you can walk to the Convention Center if need be; if you stay in the suburbs and the weather and road conditions are bad you might be late for the exam.... :-(

The Hyatt Hotel is directly across the street from the Convention Center, for example. The brand new Embassy Suites, and also the Hampton Inn & Suites(downtown) are a few blocks from the Convention Center. I think the Embassy Suites offers a shuttle service for guests, but you might want to check on that. For $280, you can stay in the best hotel in Buffalo and Zagat rated #1 for service, The Mansion on Delaware Ave. They will chauffeur you to the Convention Center, and pick you up. Check out these hotels and others here on TA: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60974-Buffalo_New_Yo… Also, you should know that there is a FREE train ride on Main St in downtown Bflo - as long as you stay *above* ground it's free.

-Dee

ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NY Bar exam Buffalo - where to stay???

thanks so much. I think i'll stay somewhere very close to the convention center. that seems like the best idea. thanks again

5. Re: NY Bar exam Buffalo - where to stay???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2010, 14:17