We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Sabres' Arena?

HFJ
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near Sabres' Arena?

I'm surprising my husband with platinum seats at a Sabres vs Leafs game in December so I was wondering if anyone could suggest a nice hotel for us to spend the weekend at? I've found some online of course but if anyone local or someone who has been there recently could recommend something, it would be much appreciated!

Thank-you!

buffalo NY
Level Contributor
87 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near Sabres' Arena?

I can see the HSBC Arena as I type. How much would you like to spend? There are hotels within walking distance and more a short cab, car or above-ground rail away from the arena.

buffalo NY
Level Contributor
87 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near Sabres' Arena?

Let me amend my reply to make it actually helpful. I'm a local, and I would not pay to stay at Adam's Mark, the closest hotel to the Arena, unless I got a really good deal (say, under a 90 bucks a night). I wouldn't recommend the downtown Hyatt, either.

There are better hotels, such as the brand new Embassy Suites, the Hampton Inn - both are on Delaware (the Hampton at the corner of a very-busy Chippewa St - 20-something party central.), and the Comfort Inn & Suites on Main St., near the other end of Chippewa and very convenient to the free, public transportation (MetroRail) that will whisk you right to the Arena.

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near Sabres' Arena?

HFJ, you can check out a previous thread on the same topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60974-i588-k30677…

--Dee

HFJ
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near Sabres' Arena?

That's perfect, thank you so much! Is there any specific reason you wouldn't recommend the Adam's Mark Hotel?

Thank-you!!

buffalo NY
Level Contributor
87 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near Sabres' Arena?

Oops. I didn't check back to reply. My apologies. The Adam's Mark may be fine but it always seems a bit threadbare to me. The location can seem isolated, especially during the winter.

Caledon, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near Sabres' Arena?

Go with the Embassy Suites! its worth every penny. I wouldn't stay anywhere else downtown Buffalo, The rooms are massive, feels more like an up scale condo than a hotel.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near Sabres' Arena?

I would also recommend some of the hotels on the north side of downtown because they are closer to places to eat, drink, people etc. Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn, Embassy etc. I wouldn't rule out the Hyatt either, they recently redid their atrium \ lobby and it was much nicer than I remember. That doesn't say much about the room but it is also on the north side of downtown near the other amenities and as someone already mentioned, all of these places on or within a couple blocks from the free above ground train to the HSBC arena.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,024 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels near Sabres' Arena?

The OP was travelling in December 2009

9. Re: Hotels near Sabres' Arena?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2010, 17:17