We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

Stockton, California
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

Hi!!! Can someone confirm is Uber or Lyft available in Buffalo and/or Niagara Falls area?? Thank you!

15 replies to this topic
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
16,397 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

The state just passed laws permitting them to operate in NYS (beyond NYC where they've been licensed for a while) . Probably available by mid to late summer https:/…

Edited: 17 May 2017, 03:40
New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

Buffalo will have ride sharing by July 10th, 2017 at the latest. (Some are trying to change the date to July 1st, but that's up to Albany...)

-Dee

Stockton, California
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

Thank you! we are going in October. so YAY

Stockton, California
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

Thank you!

North Tonawanda...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

Looking for information for someone who is disabled and would like to use Uber and/or Lyft to travel once in awhile. She does use handicapped taxi cabs. Are there any wheelchair accessibility Uber or Lyft drivers?

Please reply to me at - pkindron@buffalo.edu.

Thank you!

Patti

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,651 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

Hi Patti;

NEVER post your email address, or other private information, on the internet. I would STRONGLY suggest that you delete your own post immediately ! Posting your email address on the internet can result in it being harvested, used and abused by every spammer, scammer, troll, scumbag and moronic time waster.

You can delete your own post by clicking on the "Report inappropriate content" button within the post you wish to delete and then select "Remove my post" from the pull down menu.

Best Regards

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

We used Niagara Falls Taxi for our return to Buffalo Airport, and they were on time with a good chatty and informative driver. One to avoid is Act 1 Transportation. We pre-booked and received confirmation by email, for a late night trip from Buffalo Airport to our hotel in Niagara Falls Ontario. They did not turn up, they did not answer the phone, and to this day they have never returned my calls or answered my voicemails. We had to take an airport taxi at twice the price, and due to the delay, missed the firework display at the falls by 10 minutes. We were there in late May 2017.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

Does someone already used Lyft?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

thought I would tag on here with a question since this thread is pretty current.

Does anyone know if Uber is available from BUF- Buffalo Niagara Int'l airport to hotels on the Canadian side? I've looked at the app a few times, and it shows no cars available. Don't know if that means there are actually no cars available (can that be?) or the service isn't offered.

And then we'll be wanting to go from the hotel on the Canadian side to downtown Buffalo.

Separately, someone at the hotel said it was a set fare in both directions for taxis- is that correct?

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls

You can take Lyft INTO Canada (driver's discretion) and back only on same trip with driver waiting. Lyft doesn't allow pickups outside the US.

Reply to: Uber or lyft in buffalo niagara falls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted