We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on Sitka

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
29 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on Sitka

Hi,

I've been to Alaska many times but never to Sitka. I'm thinking about flying from Portland to Sitka on June 18, and then flying from Sitka to Fairbanks on June 21 to watch the Midnight Sun baseball game before flying home. Is 3 days a good amount of time to enjoy Sitka? Should I rent a car? I'm into photography, wildlife viewing and history, and hope to enjoy all 3 when I'm there. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on Sitka

We rented a car when we visited Sitka over 25 years ago. The roads extended seven miles in either direction. From what I remember three days is plenty. The restauant there that had the best viiews was McDonald's.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
486 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on Sitka

Sitka offers lots in terms of history and culture.

I suggest you download the local visitors guide to see what interests you.

I found the Sheldon Jackson museum well worth a visit.

3. Re: Need advice on Sitka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2018, 15:18