We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city bus / shuttle bus on Saturdays

Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
city bus / shuttle bus on Saturdays

From what I have read the 'the Ride' city bus runs only Mon - Fri. We will be in Sitka on a Saturday in May 2017. I'm trying to find a map of the route for the shuttle and city bus (if I can use it on a Saturday). Is the shuttle a cruise based operation? I want to use local transportation to get to the Fortress of the Bear, Raptor Center. Where are the Russian New Archangels performing? And the Native Alaskan dancers?

New York
Level Contributor
3,411 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: city bus / shuttle bus on Saturdays

Fortress of the Bears have their own shuttle bus. Assuming you are on a cruise?

For me, from the tender docks- the rest is walkable. Depends WHERE your ship goes? I've seen NCL and HAL docked, which is way out of town. When ships are in town, the loop shuttle bus runs near to your other location list.

Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: city bus / shuttle bus on Saturdays

I was told by a staffer at Tribal Tours: " Your ship will be docking at the Old Sitka Dock and free shuttles will provide transportation to the downtown shuttle station" We will be on Radiance of the Seas. We are planning to walk the city but need to use the bus/shuttle to get to the Bears.

Do you know what they mean by Old Sitka Dock?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,632 posts
3. Re: city bus / shuttle bus on Saturdays

Too bad. It would have been much handier for you if the ship were tendered. Old Sitka dock is several miles from downtown, about 5 if I recall correctly.

There are some tours that go to the Fortress, or you can arrange your own via taxi. See the lower half of the page here: http://www.sitka.org/plan/transportation/

And here is a map of the walking tour if you don't already have one: sitka.org/includes/media/images/Sitka-Walkin…

Edited: 19 November 2016, 10:35
4. Re: city bus / shuttle bus on Saturdays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2017, 16:16