We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skyline drive route from richmond

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Skyline drive route from richmond

Planning to do some driving on Skyline Drive. Will be coming from Richmond area. Plan to visit Luray Caverens and then head on to Lancaster and do some touring. Any help with itinerary and route planning would be appreciated. Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,855 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skyline drive route from richmond

So, it sounds like you want to start your trip in Richmond, drive through part of Shenandoah NP on Skyline Drive, visit Luray Caverns and then continue to Lancaster, PA (not Lancaster, VA , I assume).

If I were making this trip, I would drive from Richmond and enter SNP at the Swift Run Gap entrance. (You'd drive on I-64 to Rt. 15 to Rt. 33). Drive up Skyline Drive and exit the park at Thornton Gap on Rt. 211 to Luray. From Luray, you have many options on routes to Lancaster. I'd probably choose Rt. 340 to Harper's Ferry, Rt. 15 to Gettysburg and then Rt. 30 to Lancaster. It should be a scenic drive in many places.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
21,273 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skyline drive route from richmond

64 W to Rockfish Gap entrance..Exit Thornton Gap / RT 211 for Luray..Continue using longhorn74 directions post #1.

Kesh_grammy

Reply to: Skyline drive route from richmond
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted